X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liking my K-50 the more I use it

Getting a better feel for this little maching the more I use it. Mostly Kitchens, laundrys, and laundry room floor drains.

Had a call this week late afternoon, rental property with backed up tub/lav and owner had worked on for a couple of hours with no sucess. I had kit. sink install nearby so stopped in to take care of. tub was 3/4 full of some nice stuff.
    He saw the K-50 w/drum adaptor and was like "aint never seen nothing like that"
    pulled overflow plate, very old style with small opening, stretched out bulb on 5/16 cable (drum adaptor) to fit,ran down about 8' and woosh! Ran a few more times until no more hair coming out, flushed tub and lav a few times. Was done in about 20 min.

I like having my hands free to work with cable compared to drill type cleaners.

Re: liking my K-50 the more I use it

What does a K50 weigh? Just the machine.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

I love using the K-50 with the drum.

Comment

machine 37 lbs., drum adaptors 8 lbs 5/16-10 lbs 3/8

Comment

Curious question about those drum adapters. Is the clutch handle still used to spin the drum or.....?
          Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by RDW920 View Post
            machine 37 lbs., drum adaptors 8 lbs 5/16-10 lbs 3/8

Running 5/16" cable I'll take a 13lb K-39AF. Also does mid & overhead lines with ease.

Comment

Stay out of the sectional discussion Assy, you're such a drum brat!

The K-50 sits on the ground while the K-39 has to be held in your hands.

I have both on my truck. The pistol rod collects dust waiting for the 2 or 3 overhead sink or tub lines that I have to rod every year.

The K-50 is my workhorse.

Comment

I am with AT on this one. The 39af will do it just as well as the 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                  Stay out of the sectional discussion Assy, you're such a drum brat!

Why you gotta hurt my feelings

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post

The K-50 sits on the ground while the K-39 has to be held in your hands.

But you have a power feed & never have to touch the cable

Comment

K-40 sits on the ground and really works well, also no where as heavy as the K-50 plus it has an auto-feed.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                        K-40 sits on the ground and really works well, also no where as heavy as the K-50 plus it has an auto-feed.

Sure do miss that "Thanks" button

Comment

Let's see ..I have a 60 , a 1500, If I got a 50 that would pretty cover all my drain cleaning needs..I mean really what else could you need except jetter...
                          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                            Let's see ..I have a 60 , a 1500, If I got a 50 that would pretty cover all my drain cleaning needs..I mean really what else could you need except jetter...
                            Well over all the years I been cleaning drains and sewers I found sectional machines work well, but they can not get all the lines open. I also learned drum machines work well but again they cannot get all the lines open. One of the reasons why I own both drums and sectional machines. If you want to add a well rounded drum machine get the Spartan 300 with three drums, drum #1 would run 13/32 cable for those real stubborn sink lines, drum #2 would run the 1/2" cable to do the 3" and 4" lines that the 7/8" cables are just not enough to torque up and and get through, and the third and last drum you can load with the 5/8" or .55 magnum cable for the 4" to 6" lines with heavy tree roots. If you do not like Spartan 300 and want to keep it all Ridgid then you need a K-3800 with the 13/32 drum and 1/2" drum and a K-7500 with 3/4" cable. Now you would have all your bases covered.

Jetters are a nice addition, but heck my father and grandfather only used truck jetters for the 10" lines and bigger which where the city sewers. They always cabled a line clean, and always offered a 2 year guarantee on the line which stated "one free rodding if the line they rodded blocked within 2 years"
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

a jetter, camera and k-39/45 will cover your needs.

don't forget a good plunger. it sees more action than my closet auger and has a 98% success rate.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X