Vent pipe filters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent pipe filters

Service call in a large kitchen. Went on the roof and found a Studor filter the size of a hockey puck. Thing must have been ten plus years old. The large dish washing station near the toliet was venting though the stool. Would a pluged vent pipe cause water to bunce in the stool so bad it over flows? I jetted the line to the trap and down from the vent. The lines seemed clean. Do these filters work? and what happen ten years after there 2 year life span.

Re: Vent pipe filters

Have to confess that's a new one on me. Never ran into one. Just read up on them. Can't even think of a reason right now for their existence.

So much to learn.

J.C.

Comment

Grease trap odor control.

Comment

Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Ideal, your avatar is worthless without pictures. )
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

A studor is used in place of vtr for convience and cheaper cost. It should not be placed on top of the vent. You'll see them most often in island sinks. They work until the sink backs up to the studor then you need to replace it.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              A studor is used in place of vtr for convience and cheaper cost. It should not be placed on top of the vent. You'll see them most often in island sinks. They work until the sink backs up to the studor then you need to replace it.
              Studor Filter. Not vent. I'm assuming though 'cause no picture.

http://www.studor.com/maxi-filtra.htm

J.C.

Comment

Is there an oak tree above roof ? Could be there to keep acorns out of vent !
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                X