Concrete block in drain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete block in drain

anyone have any luck removing concrete from PVC pipe. This one was almost same diameter of pipe, I augered line to clear blockage, and subsequently cracked the pvc when the auger and concrete bound. The general will break floor and dig up line to repair. Sometimes that is drain cleaning, no easy solution.

Re: Concrete block in drain

I personally never had any luck with it....always ended up cut out that section....
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

depending on the hardness, if it's slurry or the real deal. a jetter with the right nozzle will break it loose from the pipe. especially plastic.

had a 2'' area drain that was 90% blocked with concrete. used the rotor from the root ranger and it ate it alive. was close to 20 years old and gone in 30 seconds.

4000psi is nothing to laugh at.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Not that it would have worked for this job, but they do have carbide snake bits for sectional machines. Usually used if the tile guys just poured some grout down the line and it isn't too old. PVC pipe well........ I have tried one by rothenburger and it went dull fast. I just bought a hydraulic root cutter for my jetter and plan on adapting some kind of cup stone to it to grind out offsets in sewer pipes that my camera can't get past to try and see the remaining condition of some really bad lines before I bid them.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Hey Rick I know you don't go on the drain cleaning forum but I just gave you credit over there for turning me into the crazy drain cleaning sewer fool that I have become lol.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

This was a piece of concrete block, almost 4" in size.

Comment

Working...
            X