A look at today's project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A look at today's project

We mounted our 4 gpm @ 4K jetter into a custom box on the side of our pump truck today.
    1. The first pic shows the air tank that had to be relocated. It was on the frame in the way so we mounted it hanging from the bottom of the hose tray.
    2. Second pic shows the box all mounted up.
    3. Third pic shows the lid lifted off and the jetter mounted inside. We built the lid to completely remove so we could pour gas in the existing gas tank on the Honda motor.
    4. Fourth shows the truck with the box mounted on it.
    5. Fifth photo shows the other side of the truck. It's cool cause now both sides of the truck look almost identical.
    You can buy toolbox jetters but the cheapest I found them was about $4200 and they all have a power rewind or hand crank reel mounted inside the box. What happens if the pump truck driver is by himself and the line needing jetted is around the corner 100' away? We wanted our reel to be portable anyway so it worked out well. Total cost was right at $2000-$2100 including the jetter and the box and all hardware.
    Attached Files

Re: A look at today's project

looks professional!

Comment

nice looking truck
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

good work
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

That looks very nice! You do good work.
          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Thanks, guys, it will certainly eliminate a lot of "second trips" when we pump a tank only to discover they are still backed up in the main line. And, by having it with us at all times, we can offer this as an add-on for maintenance minded people, such as "If you'd like us to clean the line as preventative maintenance we can do it for so and so much now, but our normal rate is such and such if we have to come out for a clogged line later." Give a discount and maybe add a pretty little profit to quite a few pump jobs.

Comment

As a welder fabricator, I'm impressed ! Beautiful, 100% professional neat work . Like My German friend " YOU POLISH THE ICE CUBES "
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
              X