Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey JC Looky What I Got.................

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey JC Looky What I Got.................

I know some of you guys were thinking it was going in my van. Nope, it was todays 25 yard target practice for my pellet gun and now resides in the trash can

Comment

call the SPCT (society for the prvention of cruelty to tools)... or does that qualify as a tool?
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
        It's kind of surprising how many times I've shown up to do a job and the fixture is half took apart and there is one of those laying there, or the one with the bent tube u-crank-it handle. I did one where I swear there was $50 worth of do it ur-self crap and empty draino bottles laying there.
        Me too... I try not to laugh when they have a DIY hand crank snake like this that they've tried to clear a main line with...
        Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
        Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
          It's kind of surprising how many times I've shown up to do a job and the fixture is half took apart and there is one of those laying there, or the one with the bent tube u-crank-it handle. I did one where I swear there was $50 worth of do it ur-self crap and empty draino bottles laying there.
          I kid you not, I started my draincleaning business with that hand crank couple years ago. I brought it home from HD and tested it on my shower drain and couldnt get past the
          p trap. went back to HD and upgraded to the $50 ridgid one that you can connect a drill on the back, got home and made it past the ptrap.

couple days later went on my first call that happened to be a shower drain,
          showed up at the guys house and he had the same $50 ridgid snake sitting in his tub.

He said "I give up, I had to call the professional for this one!"

I thought to myself "holy smack!!" what is he going to think if he see me pull out my PROFESSIONAL snake that looks just like his.
          so I waited till he went in the living room,
          went back to my sedan (no work truck yet),
          put the snake in a walmart plastic bag so that the customer dont see it,
          get to the shower drain sweating bullets thinking...if he cant get it, what makes me think I will get it.

It turns out his snake was the hand crank version and im assuming he couldnt get past the ptrap. I put my drill crank in the
          overflow and get past the ptrap and then 10 ft later get the clog.

now a days im using a k-400, k45af, and 4gpm jetter.
          saving up to get either a k60 or 1500.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            I know some of you guys were thinking it was going in my van. Nope, it was todays 25 yard target practice for my pellet gun and now resides in the trash can

I hope you removed that perfectly good thumbscrew before you trashed it.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              Now don't get too excited because I just bought it for the super flexible 25' 1/4" cable that I'm going to try in my K-45AF for those stubborn 90's

I'll probably end up twisting it up in a pretzel

You could have at least gone with Ridgid....
              Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                You could have at least gone with Ridgid....

It was like $10.00 more (better gun) and it looked like the same cable ???

Comment

Originally posted by dhdc View Post

now a days im using a k-400, k45af, and 4gpm jetter.
                  saving up to get either a k60 or 1500.
                  the k-60 is the one that will give you the most options.

do you do mains now?

how far of a run?

root's or soft sludge?

the k-60 will replace the 400 in a heart beat. get some 5/8'' sectional to go with the 7/8'' cable and you're good to go.

if you need me to hand deliver it and give you hands on training, i'm there

i think ray, mpm could use me too

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    the k-60 is the one that will give you the most options.

do you do mains now?

how far of a run?

root's or soft sludge?

the k-60 will replace the 400 in a heart beat. get some 5/8'' sectional to go with the 7/8'' cable and you're good to go.

if you need me to hand deliver it and give you hands on training, i'm there

i think ray, mpm could use me too

rick.
                    mostly sludge in mains, some roots I ended up digging and replacing at joint. If I cant get the clogs with the 400 I just refer the customer to another plumber.
                    with only 75 feet on the k400 I sometimes gotta go in the house and pull a toilet to reach the clog.

Ive gotten use to the drum on the 400 and would prefer another drum because I do alot of 2 inch kitchen lines in high rises and the black sludge and grease in those high rises get messy when pulling the cable back out and the foot lever keeps both my hands free to push and pull cable.

edit: I actually meant that I was contemplating upgrading to a k60 or a k7500 drum (not 1500)

However, I live in Hawaii and the shipping for these machines is up the ying yang so Rick if you are offering to hand deliver the k60 along with 5/8, 7/8 I will take you up on that.
                    Last edited by dhdc; 06-21-2011, 02:57 AM.

Comment

the sectional machine will do a better and faster job on sludge than a drum machine. it's all in the speed and the open wind. the open wind acts as an auger and the cable speed is 3 times faster. turns the sludge into chocolate milk

what's the weight limit per suitcase? if i carry on the k-60 then i can sneak the cables into my bag, leaving enough room for my speedo

last year i traveled with very short 3 day notice to south dakota with 2 seesnakes, the micro explorer and the dvdpak, along with all my clothes for 3 days of work. the big plane was a 18 passenger plane flying into their state capital of pierre. had no problem with all my gear. tsa was curious about the dvdpak, and once i told them it's to make dirty movies, they stopped checking it.

so it can be done

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Hi Rick
                        I need to know the specifics on the whole plan (what are your requirements).

your pm doesnt work.
                        email me directly:

oldgym
                        ( at )
                        gmail.com

I mentioned that I am saving up to purchase the equipment so based on the total cost will determine
                        when I can afford to get it.

thanks for any info

Comment

Hey now, I usually don't mind my threads being highjacked but all this K-Silly talk has got to go....

Go with a drum machine you'll be much happier

Comment

the cable speed is 3 times faster

That thing turns out 900 RPM ???

Comment

nope it spins at 625-650 rpm.

the 7500 is at 200 rpm.

so that's the 3 times faster

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

nope it spins at 625-650 rpm.

the 7500 is at 200 rpm.

so that's the 3 times faster

rick.

Didn't know that 7500's were that slow. My 300 & 100 spin at 300 & 290 RPM.

Comment

Working...
                                X