X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendall.......

What are you charging for jetting while on a septic job?
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: Kendall.......

Trent, I hesitate to even say because rates in this area are so cheap compared to other areas. Because of our ag market every septic company in the area does jetting so it's pretty competitive but still has a pretty good profit margin. Here's how I do it:

If we pump a tank and end up jetting a line while we are there, the jetting charge is $95 in addition to the pumping. Usually they are just soft clogs, grease, soap scum, or simply sludge in the lines, so they go pretty quick. This is to our advantage and the customer's as well, since we don't have to make a second trip burning $4.50/gal fuel to clear the line, and the customer gets jetting at our normal cable drain cleaning service call rate. This is for a small 4 @ 4K jetter. It seems to be working well for us, as the jetter/toolbox setup will have completely paid for itself and will be putting money in our pockets in 4-6 weeks if things continue as they have been since we got it.

If we go to a call specifically to jet a line, the service call is $175/hr for the small jet, $250/hr for the big one.

We have a major disadvantage here in this respect: Farmers are all very mechanically minded people who learn to make do with what they have, so they take one glance at the jetter and say,"That's just a pressure washer, I have one of those, where do you get that hose and nozzle?" Therefore we can't be too rash with our rates. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

Comment

That's the kind of people we have in some of our service areas too. I completely understand. I've been getting the same for my cart jetter. If I have a little bit of pumping to do as well then I'll charge and extra $50 for that. I think I'm going to raise that to $100 though. I find I'm pumping more and more stuff while I'm there.

Thanks!
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRat View Post
        Trent, I hesitate to even say because rates in this area are so cheap compared to other areas. Because of our ag market every septic company in the area does jetting so it's pretty competitive but still has a pretty good profit margin. Here's how I do it:

If we pump a tank and end up jetting a line while we are there, the jetting charge is $95 in addition to the pumping. Usually they are just soft clogs, grease, soap scum, or simply sludge in the lines, so they go pretty quick. This is to our advantage and the customer's as well, since we don't have to make a second trip burning $4.50/gal fuel to clear the line, and the customer gets jetting at our normal cable drain cleaning service call rate. This is for a small 4 @ 4K jetter. It seems to be working well for us, as the jetter/toolbox setup will have completely paid for itself and will be putting money in our pockets in 4-6 weeks if things continue as they have been since we got it.

If we go to a call specifically to jet a line, the service call is $175/hr for the small jet, $250/hr for the big one.

We have a major disadvantage here in this respect: Farmers are all very mechanically minded people who learn to make do with what they have, so they take one glance at the jetter and say,"That's just a pressure washer, I have one of those, where do you get that hose and nozzle?" Therefore we can't be too rash with our rates. Sucks, but that's the way it is.
        Then you show the farmer your nice shiny $1200 dollar Warthog nozzle and say go buy one of these and we will talk.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Cuda, see this?------------> o<------------- Ya, this!
          ^
          |
          |
          |
          Right here?

It's the missing Thanks button. Push, push.

Comment

Actually, Cuda, we can get away with a little more on the larger jet. It's the 4 gpm machine and 1/4" hose stuff that we have to be careful with charging too much.

Oh, well, we got our first little jet about 2 weeks ago and our large trailer last Monday and we have done 9 jet jobs already and have 3 more on the schedule. Seems to be working well for now.

Comment

Working...
            X