X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all gas cos. Call before you drill ! Like we do

Before You carelessly drill through someones sewer pipe,find out where it is!
    I know this is a novel idea for the folks at P.G.&E. Why is Your incompetence the
    responsibility of every drain cleaner ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: To all gas cos. Call before you drill ! Like we do

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Before You carelessly drill through someones sewer pipe,find out where it is!
    I know this is a novel idea for the folks at P.G.&E. Why is Your incompetence the
    responsibility of every drain cleaner ?
    agree. if you had damaged their pipe, they would want you to pay for the repairs aand the fines. Where's the monetary penalty for them when they trash someone elses work/property?
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

the truth is they will pay for it once it's been determined it was their gas line that caused the damage. they will even pay for all the cleanings of the line by the prior plumbers. at least that's what they did for my customer.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        the truth is they will pay for it once it's been determined it was their gas line that caused the damage. they will even pay for all the cleanings of the line by the prior plumbers. at least that's what they did for my customer.

rick.
        That is fine but they should have taken steps to avoid the situation in the first place.
        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

they have. they've discontinued doing blind boring.

i guess when they realized the small percentage of sewers and other lines they damaged and the ones that were damaged and never noticed until a potential dangerous situation came up, they dropped the process of the blind bore.

other utilities are using directional boring all the time,

about 11 years back a utility company installing underground conduits, hit a sewer main that caused the basement of the local phone company to back up. took months to show up and shut down a major street to finally do the repair.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I have had a customer of mine call me that got a letter from a local utility. The letter stated that they had called JULIE (our call before you dig program) to have utilities located in the area. And since her sewer is not pert of the program and was not located, they are not responsible if the line gets hit. Unless she hires someone to locate her sewer. So I bring out my trusty SeeSnake and traced her sewer for her, marked it every 2 feet, and every 4' I gave a depth measurement. Turns out her sewer ran right through their proposed path.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

The truth is they should be locating customers sewers on their dime. They are exposing familys to potential hazards. Is Eddie ,who is out of work suppose to pick up camera fees all across this Nation? Let PG@E Pay all You guys to locate SEWERS each drill !
              Sending out these letters gives R.R. and Ben You Know who license ,and a document now, to charge camera fee each job.
              Americans are hurting enough! Thanks for listening ,Toolaholic
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Please, How much did this cost the poor customer ? Gas Co. should pay for this ! Tanks Rat.

Comment

I could of located the line with my tape on sonde instead of the camera. So I did not charge a camera charge, just a locating charge. The bill came out to $425. The utility company was not happy since they did not want to hand dig around her sewer, they rerouted their line.

Here is a link from JULIE about private utilities. http://www.illinois1call.com/utility...vate_lines.htm

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  Please, How much did this cost the poor customer ? Gas Co. should pay for this ! Tanks Rat.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                  X