X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what would you do for this?

I cammed it again, service cut back in nicely. Town guy says liner slipped and other services around it compromised as well, but this one the worst. He had some $ in an emergency fund that he could divert to this, and we worked out that I billed him for what he had available there and I will kick it back to ho who has already paid me when I get it from him; he can't pay the ho directly for some accounting reason. She wants to get me some $ for spending the time to run it down... may happen, may not; I'm happy with it neatly resolved and couldn't care less about $. Really it was the town's problem with their liner at the main and she should be compensated in full, but there is also a low spot in her line before the service yada yada pretty much everyone is happy with what they've put out, paid and got and the issue (largely) resolved.

Rick. I missed it. You nailed it. Slipped liner 100%. Thanks for helping make me look smart. Hope I can repay the favor at some point.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

you can buy me a milkshake at the next roundup

i've picked your brain in the past too

make it a shake and we've got a date

the liner looks pvc and it's not anchored into the host pipe. it will slip unless they install a tophat at the saddle connections. not only will it seal off the saddle from roots at the connection, but it will help to anchor the liner and keep the problem from coming back.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick you certainly are one switched on operator. The vid was pretty short. We are pushing more and more to relines which I dont do mind you and dont really like unless there is no alternative. I dont accept minor saving as an alternative mind you. Just for interest and I dont know whether you guys know this but one of our water companies are even lining 3/4" copper pipe. Again absolute BS but then again their accounting system is not fair with real private enterprise. They make rules for us to follow and then break them for convenience and savings over us. Anyhow again Rick great call and can I say if all it takes is a shake then I'll come back here with some questions one day soon I hope.

Comment

Good catch Rick! Without even watching i could tell it was a slipped liner by the little flake hanging there in the screen shot. Liner is fibrous and when cut into can be stringy looking. All resins shrink no matter what anyone says. There are manufacturers out there that would disagree with that but it is very true. The key to a good liner is in the wet out process. Ensuring that the liner is fully saturated with resin and not dry. If the liner is properly wet out, there will be proper resin migration during the inversion process. What I mean by that is that the resin stays evenly saturated in the liner and does not all fall to the bottom thus taking away from the structural integrity of the tube. When installed properly, the liner will be saturated with enough resin to allow for migration into each joint and gap in the host pipe evenly. This not only seals these areas but it also creates a mechanical lock that will not allow the liner to move even if minor shrinking occurs over time. In this case, it is most likely that improper mill thickness, improper resin amounts, lack of inflation pressure and maybe even too short of a cure time lead to this liner slipping. Combine that with the extreme pressure of the ground water infiltration in the mountains and you have a recipe for disaster. As for the "top hat" that Rick referred to, they are not the best for sealing lateral to main connections. The only way to truly seal this connection is with a Tee Liner which is actually a full structural repair for connections. Top hats do not fully wrap in the mainline and can also move, i have seen failures myself. LMK Technologies whom I am an installer for, is the ONLY company offering this type of true repair. They use a full wrap in the main as well as hydrophillic bands to stop ground water infiltration and . See this link:

LMK Technologies: Lateral: T-LinerĀ®

I have a real passion for trenchless technology and i am glad to see it discussed more and more on the forums. It truly is a remarkable product and works well for it's intended purpose. We have lined some very intricate piping that would have otherwise cost HUGE amounts of money for our customers. It is a great feeling being able to save property from damage and customers from disruption. Thanks for the cool video Alex! I'm glad all went well in that situation.
          www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Working...
          X