Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed for a reliable/budget electric pressure washer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed for a reliable/budget electric pressure washer?

Hi everybody, I’m looking for a pressure washer and foam cannon, and wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions?

I have looked at some Karcher and Husky ones in stores, but the reviews online are across the board.

Essentially, I need something that should to be:

Reliable - don't want it to break down after minimal usage or need to change parts
    Reasonably priced - looking to spend around $100, don't need anything too fancy
    Easily compatible with foam cannons - would like to avoid buying adapters

For the 3rd point, how many different type of attachments are there? Should I try and buy a PW with a specific nozzle for optimal foam cannon compatibility?
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 05-21-2011, 08:21 AM.

Re: Help needed for a reliable/budget electric pressure washer?

folks that by small elec. ,k archer aren't happy with them. Just saw one at H.D. Replaced it with a gas 3000 psi
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

$100. budget barely buys the gfi cord set.

a real electric pressure washer that will last, will cost you the better part of $500.

at your budget, you're better off renting one 2 times.

rick.
      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-21-2011, 09:46 AM.
      phoebe it is

Comment

a electric pressure washer may work with a "foam cannon" (did not even know what one was before this post and net search), but most pressure washer's, that are electric are not of enough Horse power, to do you much good,

If you up the pressure of the water to the point it will do some good, the volume is so small that 6" from the nozzle all you getting is a mist, and if you want some volume of water you cannot up the pressure much,
        I started off with a electric washer, a garden hose and a squirt nozzle was all most as good, I ended up buying a gas unit and never looked back,

(if you do buy a electric make sure there is a return policy on the purchase so you can return it and get your money back, as most likely you will not be very impressed with it)
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
        X