Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help and questions for draincompany in Spain

Thank you Rick and the others,

P.s Rick: Your PM is full, i can nos send you a private message.

Another question. Yes for 4" is ok, but our pipes in Psain a most 110-125 mm which is like 4.5" to 5".

So is my jetter still Ok, Is the Hose the problem ? it is only a 1/4 Hose but it comes original from the company.

Google-Ergebnis für http://img.directindustry.com/pdf/repository_di/17662/pipe-drain-cleaning-and-inspection-154745_44b.jpg

The Right one is mine.

So another option is 3000 psi and 8 galps, the company can change it. is this better ? or still keep my one ?

Thank you guys for the good help.

Comment

1/4'' hose is a good part of your problem. the pressure drop at 5 gpm is not recommended. at 3.75 gpm it's already at 4.5 psi per foot.

3/8'' is recommended for 3'' pipe. the 3/8'' hose will carry 9gpm at approx 2.5 psi drop per foot.

8 gpm jetter is good for your larger lines, but a water tank would normally be required. to supply that amount of water.

also the larger pump would require a larger engine. probably around 22 hp. compared to 14 for the 5 gpm.

i would start with the 5 gpm and move up to 3/8'' hose for the large pipe.

when you have a good handle on jetting, then you can go big.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Hello again,

I have just sold my jetter, i have had a lot of luck. it is SOLD.

Now for the money i can buy the following jetters:

All of them with his own waterdeposit.

8 galps and 3000 psi with 3/8 Hose

10 galps and 1500 psi with 1/2 Hose

A lot of people arround here are telling that Psi is not so important in jetterbusiness more the galps per minute.

Please hel to choice.

Thank you,

Arthur

Comment

8 at 3000 is a much better choice than 10 at 1500.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

hello Rick an all others.

I have been choosing between 8 galps and 3000 psi and 10 galps 2000 psi.

I am thinking the choice of 10 galps 2000 psi with 1/2 hose will be better as 3000 psi 8 galps and 3/8 hose.

Who can help between this decision and tell me why.

Comment

Rick just told yu the best one to use buddy...i just bought a 5.5gpm at 3500 psi frpm Water Cannon...also a K-60....read the threads and you'll kno why...and im bought to buy a Root-Ranger to clear all lines with Roots...most of thye lines are 4" here but that same machine would work good on your diameter lines also....research before yu ask...most of your questions hav allready been asked and answered by theses guys on here....thanks and good luck!!

p.s....so all those items i just bought last week is because of this forum...ITS GREAT AND YOUR GETTING ADVISE FROM TIME TESTED EXPERTS!!

Lonestar

Comment

Hello again,

I am redding a lot, but can not get answer on my question.

I want to know why the Pressure is more important that the Gallons per Minute.

I am asking so much to do not make the same mistake I have done before.

I bought a Rothenberger HD 19/180 which have +- 5 gallons and 3000 PSi but a 1/4 Hose.
                So I have been very unhappy with that machine. I dont know if the hose was the problem or what, but the jetter in 5-6" pipes do not had any pulling power. and all nozzles have been Original Rothenberger.

So if somebody can explain me really the relacion between galps and Psi it will be great.

Thank you.

Comment

I do not understand 'galps'.

I think you mean 'gpm', which is short for 'gallons per minute'.

gpm measures flow rate; how much water is going through the machine

psi (pounds per square inch) measures pressure; how much pressure it takes to push the water through the machine, hose, and nozzle.

more gpm is good for washing the line clean. more psi is good for cutting through clogs and good for pulling the hose.

the more water you push through a hose and nozzle, the more pressure it takes to push it through (higher gpm makes higher psi).

a smaller hose or nozzle is harder to push water through; too much gpm through a small hose makes too much pressure for the machine, so you must use a bigger hose for higher gpm. it is the same with a nozzle; more gpm makes more psi and you must use a bigger nozzle.

bigger hose is heavier; harder for the nozzle to pull, and stiffer; harder to turn corners

too big hose = no pull, can't go around corners
                  too small hose = too much psi needed

too big nozzle = no pull, won't cut
                  too small nozzle = too much psi needed

gpm needed depends on size of pipe; about 1 gpm (minimum) is needed for each inch of pipe diameter; 4" pipe = 4gpm minimum, 2" pipe = 2gpm minimum.

hose needs to be small enough to get through the pipe, but big enough to let all the gpm through to the nozzle without making too much psi.
                  nozzle needs to be small enough to make psi to cut, but big enough to not make too much psi at full gpm.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Hello Guys,

I have just orderd a Jetter for my new Van. 3000 Psi 8 Galps, hope I have make th right choice.

My personal choice was 10 galps 2000 psi.

But I have listen to you guys.Thank you.
                    Last edited by spanien; 06-27-2011, 05:35 AM. Reason: wrong word

Comment

make sure you're running 3/8'' id hose if you want full volume and pressure.

step down to 1/4'' hose on 2'' pipe.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                      X