Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help and questions for draincompany in Spain

Dear Friends,

I am Thomas and I am living in Spain, I have just some month ago started an drainage company.

The following Items I have bought.

Sectional machine: Ridgid K 50

Sectional machine: Ridgid K 1500
    are
    Rothenberger Drainjetter 11 Hp Honda Motor 5 gallons a Minute and 1/4 Hose.

Also camara equipment and Tracer.

Here in spain normaly the main drains from the toilette and going out the house are about 5" pipes.
    With normaly 2-3 90ยบ arches in the pipes.

Is my equipent the correct ?

Did sombody recomend me something better.

I really would like to work with my jetter but it do not works as I have been thinking before I have bought it. I only helps me to clean the drain, but I think have not alot power to unblock a big papersop or roots in the drain.

Who can help me and give some idea what I am making wrong.

The sectional machines runs fine.

Sorry for my bad english.

Sincerly,

Thomas

Re: help and questions for draincompany in Spain

Sounds like you have everything covered. Just missing a toilet bowl auger.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

thomas, the jetter requires the proper nozzle to cut roots. the best nozzle for this with your machine is the root ranger. the standard root ranger that ridgid sells is perfect for this. if you do a search for root ranger you will see countless post and photos that i posted. it's the best bang for the buck.

the only drawback is if the line is 100% plugged with roots. you will probably have to cable it first to punch a hole for the nozzle. the front jet of the root ranger is just too small for cutting a hole in a root stoppage.

now if you really want some good advise and hands on training, bring me out there and l'll spend a week with you to kick start your business

i've been to spain and my passport is ready to fly.

i'll even bring my k-60 to show off to you along with assorted jetter nozzles and the infamous rick reverse auger

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Hello Ratz and Nick,

Thank you for your answers.

I am happy with the cables machines, but rallu the jetter is the problem.

With the standard nozzle and the nozzle with one forward stream, It do not work very well.

Did the root ranger is only for roots ? or is their some more use for it ?

I am thinking to buy a nice jetting trailer something like 2000 psi and 15 gallons a minute.

Did I really need it for the drains I have ? Didi it looks more profesional if you have a trailer and not coming to the clients with a small jetter trolley ?

Or is my problem only that i have not good nozzles ?

Hope to get some answers of you guys, Thanks a lot.

Comment

jetter is 5gpm,

what is jetter's pressure rating?

good nozzles: Aqua Mole High Pressure Cleaning Nozzles - Button Nose Spray Patterns

15gpm is too much for 5"
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

It has 5 galp and 3000 Psi Maximum

Comment

As a general rule of thumb, use one gpm of flow per inch of pipe diameter. In other words, a 5 gpm machine should do very well cleaning most lines up to 5". There are of course variables based on nozzle selection and pressure, again this is a general rule of thumb. Remember, volume (gpm) flushes, pressure cuts, so a higher pressure machine (4000 psi) will do better with roots, while a higher gpm machine will flush out sediment faster.

I would think with a root ranger nozzle your 5 gpm at 3000 psi machine should handle most of your needs.

Comment

5gpm and 1/4" hose... you will lose about 700 psi/100ft of hose. might not be enough psi left at the nozzle, might be your nozzles have too big (or too small) orifices. orifices will have to be sized just right for it to work well with 1/4" hose at 3kpsi.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Could somebody recomend me a good nozzle, for standard works, not roods, only big paper blockage or grease, etc.

Comment

Soem questions more: Is my jetter to small for for 4-5" pipes ? and for 5-82 drains ? Jetter 5 Gallons 3000 Psi MAximum with standard nozzle.

I have also a question, a lot of drainage companies in my area are working with the jetter inside the house, it means:

The take out the toilett and put the jetter hose in, is this correct working ? or is my Sectional Machine better for it ?

In the sinks: they put like a Inflatablebubble on the small drain with an conection to the jetter and than they give pressure ( they do not put the hose into the pipe) just giving pressure to the pipe, is this the correct way of Work ?

Comment

5"/127mm is an unusual size here. 4"/100mm is more common.

5gpm/3kpsi should work with the right hose and nozzles.

jetter inside house is ok. yes; take out the toilet if no better access.
                      be careful not to flood the house with water from jetter. use a vacuum or a pump to take the extra water away.
                      sectional is ok also. your choice which machine to use.

I think inflateabubbles are bad.

Comment

Who con recomend me some good nozzles

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          thomas, the jetter requires the proper nozzle to cut roots. the best nozzle for this with your machine is the root ranger. the standard root ranger that ridgid sells is perfect for this. if you do a search for root ranger you will see countless post and photos that i posted. it's the best bang for the buck.

the only drawback is if the line is 100% plugged with roots. you will probably have to cable it first to punch a hole for the nozzle. the front jet of the root ranger is just too small for cutting a hole in a root stoppage.

now if you really want some good advise and hands on training, bring me out there and l'll spend a week with you to kick start your business

i've been to spain and my passport is ready to fly.

i'll even bring my k-60 to show off to you along with assorted jetter nozzles and the infamous rick reverse auger

rick.
                          Rick you must have a suitcase ready by the front door..Does anyone ever take you up on your offer? He should really consider it ..If I went I would have to make it the week of the running of the bulls.Love seeing those idiots get slammed
                          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I know that I am repeting some things,

But is it recomendable to sell my Jetter 5 gallons 3000 psi 1/4 Hose and buy for more or less the money i will get of my jetter a new jetter with 9-10 gallons a minute and 2000 psi 3/8 hose.

Will it be a difference that i will notice ?

Comment

5 gpm is fine for 4''/ 100mm pipe. roots can be cut pretty easily with a ridgid root ranger.

i don't think a 9-10 gpm/ 2000psi jetter is a wise choice. lots of water but not enough pressure. more of a flusher. remember that the pressure is at the pump and you have to take into account the pressure drop at the nozzle like alex/ ace sewer has stated. also the larger gpm machines require a holding tank and are no longer a portable jetter.

grease from kitchen sink lines are easily jetted with a typical button nozzle. i like the 3 forward 6 rear for grease as it will cut and push the grease forward. the rear will propel and also clean, but you really want the debris going away from you and not back to the drain opening.

i have a similar machine that's 5.5 gpm at 3000/ 3500psi 18 hp. i've had it for a good 15 years and it's my portable machine. i've had great success with it in 4'' root lines.

my new machine is a monster at 18gpm and 4000#. but it requires to be towed around. i have to plan my day when i bring that out on the road.

stick with your machine and as your business picks up and your scope of work gets into larger commercial work, then a larger machine can be purchased.

i too feel those rubber / cloth drain bladders are nothing more than putting a cap on the line and pressurizing it with a garden hose. never seen one hooked to a jetter.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X