Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new to the k60

Originally posted by dcman View Post
    No no no no...its untangle...unclick...cuss...click.....

Shame ..I thought you were a 60 man..
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
      Shame ..I thought you were a 60 man..
      Yeppers....Just getting Assytyme's hope up....
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

It is a funnny comradere isn't it....My buddy was telling me he had to go to a job the other day because a co worker needed a hand loading / unloading his snake on the job..I told him "yeah he must have drum machine"..Sorry if I need a crane to load / unload a piece of drain equipment I'll pass.. he said yeah It has a wheel on the front and he has to lay it down in the truck ..I said yep probably a 7500..Again I'll pass
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          It is a funnny comradere isn't it....My buddy was telling me he had to go to a job the other day because a co worker needed a hand loading / unloading his snake on the job..I told him "yeah he must have drum machine"..Sorry if I need a crane to load / unload a piece of drain equipment I'll pass.. he said yeah It has a wheel on the front and he has to lay it down in the truck ..I said yep probably a 7500..Again I'll pass
          I still have my K-7500, I have yet to had to go back and grab her to use...When I used the K-60 the other day to unstop that 12" culvert pond drain, I would have never tried it with a drum.....I know I do go to bed at night not complaining about my back!!!!

Derek

Comment

i pulled the toilet at my house to see how it would work in a tough tight spot (rather than from c/o or roof) . I had a hard grease buildup at the tank T. I was glad for the good advice to let it cut and not force the cable,a real different feel. i think in going to like it allot . any more advice for use in finished spaces? A towel under the end of the guide hose is a bad idea( winds up). thanks .

Comment

That's the only reason why I haven't bought one. All of my clean outs are in the basement with 3/4 of them in tight spaces. I can't imagine having to tarp out everything and trying to keep the cables from ruining things. Also I would think since there is no drum to capture the "gook" these cables would be spraying all over the place. I wish there was a solution but so far I haven't heard of one.

Speaking of "SPRAY", this one is funny!

Comment

the k-60 7/8'' cable comes back both clean and dry for me. the trick is to use water in the line once you clear the stoppage and then run the cable at high speed to wash it clean. turn off water and run the cable to spin dry. pull out dry cable.

the only time i have a dirty cable is with a kitchen sink stoppage that i can't run water into. then i just pull out the cable into a bucket or tray. take it outside and hose it down.

a sectional cable doesn't retain the water like a drum cable. between the loose wind and high speed, water doesn't stay in the cable.

when i do kitchen sinks from indoor with the trap removed and lines full of sludge, without any towels or tarps. i put a bowl under the trap arm. typically i use 1 paper towel to clean up when i'm done. the trick is to pull out the sludge packed cable without spinning. had 1 yesterday without running water and no mess.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I don't think I would use it for kitchen sink drains though and we have winter here for more than half the year. No outside hose available. I would love to use it for main line cleaning but there is still the problem of using it in very tight quarters and having the room to operate, and making a mess. Believe me I think about it every time I lug the Spartan down the basement stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                    I don't think I would use it for kitchen sink drains though and we have winter here for more than half the year. No outside hose available. I would love to use it for main line cleaning but there is still the problem of using it in very tight quarters and having the room to operate, and making a mess. Believe me I think about it every time I lug the Spartan down the basement stairs.
                    I bought my k60 for getting into tight spaces and have no problems. Winter has not been an issue with the k60 I love my drum machine but the k60 was a back saver this winter.
                    Name:  6b615c4eea15b83ec6387a17b81c725a.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  51.6 KB
                    Name:  068d3de9986780802f9073f4701f9972.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  42.6 KB
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

It is better in tight places...and as far as a mess, I put a movers pad at the back of the guide hose with the basket and no mess...plus my back thanks me at the end of the day...next time I get one I will post a pic...Rick is right, the trick is to get the line flowing then "spin dry" the cable...

Derek

Comment

You guys that are complaining about hauling these big azz heavy drum machines have the wrong drum machine. You don't need to take a tank to every battle. My Spartan 300 with 107' of .55 magnum cable weighs in at 160lbs and clears 98% of sewers in my area.

Comment

You're going to have to put up a video of you playing with your new toy
                          Atlantic Mechanical
                          Plumbing Services We make sure a royal flush will always beat a full house.

Comment

better have an expert show us all how it is done. 1 paper towel on a K/S i cant do that W/ a drum if its greasy. The k60 cable was extremely clean even with a back graded 15 ' section( cobblers shoes).
                            Last edited by pipe doc; 06-01-2011, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                              You guys that are complaining about hauling these big azz heavy drum machines have the wrong drum machine. You don't need to take a tank to every battle. My Spartan 300 with 107' of .55 magnum cable weighs in at 160lbs and clears 98% of sewers in my area.
                              Talk to Ratz about the 300 vs. the 1065. "my area" is different for everyone. Folks who work in old areas with 100'+ 6" lines will be hard pressed to make a mid-range machine like a Spartan 300 or K-60 work for most lines. I think that there are probably about 10 Spartan 1065 units in service for every 1 300 in my area. JrSaltz uses 300's though I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
                                I'd like to see a video.
                                There's a few on here. The best one is from the roundup a few years ago when Rick used a K-50 on a kitchen sink. Then they all went out for pancakes, er I mean dinner sorry that was shameless. I just got back from Door County WI where I had some wicked tasty Swedish pancakes so I have them on the brain. They did go out for dinner though, without having to change clothes.

I'm clean 99% of the time when I take my time. It's just different. You can be clean running a drum too, but it's harder IMO
                                Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 06-01-2011, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X