X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new to the k60

swade, very close. we actually just finished dinner when the call came in. but josh's parents did feed us pie and ice cream.

bill and i did the bulk of the work. adam kept the josh's parents entertained and ben was picking up the loose ends. it was a hot and humid night, but we got it done with no mess.

the video is on you tube and the forum.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I don't have a need for a 1000 dollar K-60. Not when I got a 35 dollar Milwaukee Hole Shooter I got at a Pawn Shop 2 years ago. Still going strong. I have 1.25 cable and 7/8 for my drill set up.

Attachment
      Attached Files
      Will Rogers Plumbing
      Moore, Oklahoma
      (
      405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

THis is what I use on Kitchen sinks. I got some longer flexible PVC too that I run as far as needed out through most people garages. Keeps the mess at a minimum

Attachment .
        Attached Files
        Will Rogers Plumbing
        Moore, Oklahoma
        (
        405) 323-2852

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
          THis is what I use on Kitchen sinks. I got some longer flexible PVC too that I run as far as needed out through most people garages. Keeps the mess at a minimum

Attachment .

Too much drama for me....... I use a K-39AF/K45-AF pistol rodder or Spartan 100. Sets up in seconds, plug it in and go with no mess or maybe a couple drops on the floor.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by AssTyme; 06-02-2011, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            Too much drama for me....... I use a K-39AF/K45-AF pistol rodder or Spartan 100. Sets up in seconds, plug it in and go with no mess or maybe a couple drops on the floor.
            I agree. It's the only option I have right now though.
            Will Rogers Plumbing
            Moore, Oklahoma
            (
            405) 323-2852

Comment

remember the key is to clear the stoppage and run water when cleared to wash out the line and cable.

i've used a flex connector or an aerator adapter and washing machine hose cut off to shove in the drain line. keep a tray under the trap arm and let it spin clean and dry.

if i have no water it will come back dirty. but i will not spin it and just drag it out into a 5 gallon bucket or mortar tray. take the cables outside to hose them off.

it's only a mess if the cables are dirty and you spin them. that's the trick, either use water or don't spin them. very simple.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

today i had a a tough drain so i decided to try the k-60 .back to back lavs 1 1/2 trap arms to 2" cast. i never thought i could get a 7/8 cable to drop down the cross .it worked great ! got a hairball the size of a cat. wow i hope it will work as well on 4" mains (no 6" clay here).

Comment

had the same stoppage today on a back to back lav. except i used the k-50 with 5/8'' cable and the rick reverse auger to clear out the celery from the kitchen common line above it.

did you buy any 5/8'' cable to go with the 7/8''?

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    had the same stoppage today on a back to back lav. except i used the k-50 with 5/8'' cable and the rick reverse auger to clear out the celery from the kitchen common line above it.

did you buy any 5/8'' cable to go with the 7/8''?
                    a
                    rick.
                    not yet . i bought the k-60 never having seen one in action and on a tight budget. it is a bit of a learning curve . i still use 3/8 drum for most KS & lav's .

Comment

today I had a condo KS drain. used the k60 got 40' of cable out and the motor quit . I thought the breaker ? CGFI ? both were fine.the green light was on, i tested it just the same, no joy. pulled the cable ( no spin no clean) black and sloppy in there kitchen I had a rubberised tarp down. still a good mess.for a frantic lady. took the k60 to the shop and still no go! fwrd, rev, nata. any one have an idea? it's brand new.

Comment

there is an allen wrench set screw plug at the motor. remove the set screw plug and under it will be a reset for the motor.

either the motor is overloaded or it's blown.

1 thing comes to mind is a misaligned clutch that will put a heavy load on the motor.

try resetting and let us know if the motor starts. then we can check for the clutch alignment.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

pushed the reset and motor works ! I pulled clutch looks fine to my un trained eye. will i need to order your" clutch alignment tool " ? I looked at several posts prior to purchase.
                          Last edited by pipe doc; 06-12-2011, 12:45 AM.

Comment

I cant imagine poping a reset with 2 1/3 sections and only a soft blockage.

Comment

the belt could be too tight or the clutch is not centered. either 1 will cause a large load on the motor.

i have an amp probe that can measure the running load and ideling load in amps. pretty simple way of see what it's doing.

use my special clutch tool to center up the clutch while you tighten the adjustment and verify the belt is not too tight.

how much time do you have on the new machine? is this the first drain or has it worked on other jobs?

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by pipe doc View Post
                                pushed the reset and motor works ! I pulled clutch looks fine to my un trained eye. will i need to order your" clutch alignment tool " ? I looked at several posts prior to purchase.
                                When I got mine, I also had problems....I completely field stripped mine down and put it back together according to everybody's input and so far I have not had any problems....mine came from tool-up and was new...but thanks to everyone's help, it worked out...don't give up yet...
                                Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                                You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Working...
                                X