Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new to the k60

Bearings again???
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
      Bearings again???

***NOT A K-60 EXPERT***

I do know that once I took it apart and put it together with the "clutch alignment tool"...and adjusted the tension on the belt....so far so good....seemed like from the factory they are over-tightening things??
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

brand new factory bearings are sealed and it takes some time to ruin the grease shield causing the grease to seep out and the water to seep in. so i doubt the bearings could be an issue at this point.

my money is on the clutch out of alignment. maybe the factory should start including my special clutch alignment tool. considering i can cut them to size faster than the milwaukee electric cutter

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

the belt seems fine . the clutch is offset and has a grove on one of the three teeth . I reassembled , aligned etc. the jaws are still offset and overloading motor.

Comment

use my clutch alignment tool and slowly tighten up the clutch while aligning it.

the clutch has 3 fingers . makes contact on the drive cone and idler cone. for 1 finger to be off, it's actually 2 of the 6 fingers off. this causes the cable to always be stressed inside the machine and the tighter you depress, the harder the machine has to work.

i'm pretty sure a clutch alignment will solve your problems. also never over loosen the clutch as this would cause it to slip out of alignment.

sounds like you're going to be up and running on the next post

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Name:  f12c4d825a99b2e16ac415b0c7cafa29.jpeg
Views: 1
Size:  6.4 KB
              Last edited by pipe doc; 06-12-2011, 09:36 AM.

Comment

i can't enlarge the photo. but the little bit i see, looks bad on the inside of the clutch.

can you take some better shots and different angles. maybe enlarge it for us.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

we have lift off ! it must have shipped misaligned . never having seen one work i missed it . there are deep groves on the inside and out .do i need to replace it ? thank you very much for the fix .

Comment

i will disasembel and shoot more pic.

Comment

Name:  4fb8e1cb0a8c104c5b017743f8d70ac8.jpeg
Size:  5.2 KBName:  42ab561daa684dcfc7eb1085fcb8eb6b.jpeg
Size:  5.9 KBName:  325f0a44dfa4e2d917b2e2106bb630c3.jpeg
Size:  5.7 KBName:  8ce9c5920faf23ec57445ca52d268c11.jpeg
Size:  6.8 KB some pic.

Comment

seems to be working well,but i don't want cone, cable,etc. damage. dose it need to be replaced ?
                        Last edited by pipe doc; 06-12-2011, 01:08 PM.

Comment

the 4th picture is some serious misalignment.

i doubt you damaged the drive cone or the idler cone as the clutch is the wear item.

i would see if you can get a replacement clutch.

call ridgid and ask for brian mitchell. he's the product manager and with any luck he will be reviewing this thread and finding out why there is a rash of clutch issues with new machines.

not sure if it's the guys playing with the new machines and loosening them up to the point of misalignment. or the factory not setting them up right from the get go

the nice thing is that you should be a pro when it comes to the disassembly and reassembly of the machine. as you can see, it's a pretty simple machine to maintain.

call brian and if need be have him review this thread.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

i had never adjusted it before today it worked for 7/8 cable out of the box. I am still a little faster w/ a 1911 field strip but getting faster w/ the k60 . a good learning experience .only a little frustrating .

Comment

Originally posted by pipe doc View Post
                              i had never adjusted it before today it worked for 7/8 cable out of the box. I am still a little faster w/ a 1911 field strip but getting faster w/ the k60 . a good learning experience .only a little frustrating .
                              Which 1911 do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                                Which 1911 do you have?
                                colt series 70 ,para ordnance p-14 and p12

Comment

Working...
                                X