Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: plumber rick to the rescue

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
    rick when you jet with a cable in the line i take it you never rotate the jetter hose. Do you just slide the jetter hose in, are you ever scared to get tangled on the cable??

Great job!
    the great thing about the jetter and jetting with another cable in the line is that there is next to no chance of getting tangled in the other cable. the hose doesn't rotate and neither does the cutter/ nozzle for the most part.

when they're stuck, it's either roots, tangled, or outside the pipe.

the majority of times it's too many roots and they can't cut loose from them. the jetter easily blows the roots apart and makes it simple and safe to get them out.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Rick, I really don't understand why you would even own a Root Ranger with the jetter that you have. As I understand it, the selling point of a Root Ranger is it's cutting power at lower GPM. In short, a poorer mans root cutter for those that don't have the funds or market for a high GPM jetter.

the root ranger has many advantages over any other nozzle out there. it utilizes 1 jet. 1 jet pumping out all the water delivers the biggest punch compared to splitting your gpm into several jets. it also creates the biggest amount of thrust period. it's like having the space shuttle on blast off. the only draw back on the root ranger is the inability to cover all 360 degrees of the pipe with full force. you need to rotate the hose to rotate the nozzle upward for full cleaning power on the single jet. now a double or triple turbine will correct the problem in larger pipe. the other issue is the body is large and has no real good forward jet when you have a complete stoppage. that's why i attacked it first with a 4f -6 rear jet. now the last great thing about the root ranger is the ability to move dirt and gravel from the pipe bottom. it puts out so much velocity and air movement that anything in it's path is blasted and pushed along.

a root ranger is by far the most powerful nozzle out there.

Then, the Warthog is less likely to get stuck and doesn't have to be worked nearly as much. So if you have the GPM & PSI for the Warthog, why would one ever need or want a Root Ranger?

Honestly asking 'cause I'm guessing there is some reason that I missed.

Thanks.

J.C.
      the reason why i chose the warthog on this job was that i didn't want to take a chance and possible get the cable snagged between the nozzle and body/ hose connection.

adam and i cleared a 6'' sewer that was 90% clogged with the rootranger. we have it on tape from the front with the camera. i just need to get it uploaded onto the forum. it was very impressive to say the least.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        When ever I remove some other companies stuck cable, I call them to come get it. I always hope if I ever get stuck they would offer me the same consideration.
        Mom n mad did a great Job ! You,re a kind soul!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

[QUOTE=Ace Sewer;346794]$3500 to jet... they really have no shame.

On a steep hill the dig bids might not be out of line, but you just know they were. Thieves. Ask the atty to 'Angie's List' her experience. Better yet, wait for them to small claims or lien her for not paying, then get them in front of a judge lol.

Nice work Rick... You know they teed it up for you and all you had to do was swing, but nice work nonetheless.[/QUOTE

brilliant! All , all You should pass this idea on. A little of Your show n tell in court, will be paid in Gold with good Kama for You N yours. Especially for the defenseless elderly, and Young family's struggling !
          Last edited by toolaholic; 05-30-2011, 10:07 AM. Reason: 2 nd cup coofee
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I'm just disappointed that I wasn't able to join on that one Rick....wish I could have though.

Good job on saving the HO from a $50k sewer job.
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

I have removed 6+ cables for others mostly R R guys but charging for poor work+ cable WOW!

Comment

So Rick,how much did you charge for this job?Great job!!!!!!

Comment

my 2 hour minimun.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                  X