X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new jetter

After much deliberation, I had decided to go with the Ridgid KJ3100. It looked like a great machine, had it all set to order and then found a jetter on Ebay, a used American Jetter, portable 10gpm 3000psi. I talked with Am.Jetter and by adjusting the unloader valve you can get 8.5 gpm 3500 psi or 7gpm 4000 psi. I will play around with the psi and gpm. It has a 30 gal tank with low water cut off switch. The unit had 3 hrs on it, it looks brand new. It was delivered this afternoon, used it for my first job tonight, and have 4 more lined up. The unit is bulkier than the Ridgid, and takes up more room in the cube van, but it should be worth it. I will be buying a warthog nozzle for roots, getting another reeler for jumper hose, will post pics when set up.

Re: new jetter

Boone, great to hear. You're gonna love it. We got our jetters about a month ago and have done 17 jobs so far, it's pretty easy to market. Just talk about it a lot, mention it to everyone you meet or work for, and the jobs will come out of the woodwork. Have fun!

Comment

i'm interested in the 3 different gpm delivery specs. the only way i see going from 10 gpm to 7 gpm is by lowering the rpm's of the engine. or the engine is being put under a higher load and the rpm's are dropping.

the pump is a positive displacement plunger pump. so it's either bypassing at the higher psi level which is opposite of what it should be doing. or the engine rpm's are dropping due to the increased load from the higher psi. i just can't see a 3 gpm fluctuation

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I have to try it out, but I think with the increased load, by increasing the psi, the gpm will drop.

Comment

I recall a jetter manufacturer at one time had where you can select what PSI and GPM with a knob on the trailer jet. Right now I can not remember the name.

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          i'm interested in the 3 different gpm delivery specs. the only way i see going from 10 gpm to 7 gpm is by lowering the rpm's of the engine. or the engine is being put under a higher load and the rpm's are dropping.

the pump is a positive displacement plunger pump. so it's either bypassing at the higher psi level which is opposite of what it should be doing. or the engine rpm's are dropping due to the increased load from the higher psi. i just can't see a 3 gpm fluctuation

rick.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            I recall a jetter manufacturer at one time had where you can select what PSI and GPM with a knob on the trailer jet. Right now I can not remember the name.
            spartan trailer has that on their larger jetters. but i believe it only lowers the rpm on the engine via a throttle solenoid. thus it will drop the psi and gpm accordingly. it doesn't actually adjust the unloader.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Yea a 10gpm 3000psi pump is always going to deliver the rated GPM if you drop the rpm's the psi will fall off with the GPM's. But who cares great score boone! The first thing I would do is get ready to play the tip matching game where you buy several sizes of tips to get the most psi you can to dial the machine in to what you need.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
              X