No announcement yet.

Can't snake everthing..Jetter madness!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't snake everthing..Jetter madness!

Here is a little Jetter job we just finished. We where called to the home for water coming into the garage through the foundation in heavy rains. After looking over everything with the Seesnakes we determined the house had shared footing/downspout lines. These where very popular in the 60's what they are is 2-3 ft. sections of concrete pipe with no bells laid end to end with a 1/4" gap between them with gravel under and over them. Not a good system by todays standard as the dirt will fill them some time. The perimeter line around the home was 75% full of sand,mud, and heavy roots. The biggest problem was they all fed to a six inch concrete line that vanished onto city property with noway of knowing if it actually went anywhere (like a storm water main) The line was 100% packed solid with dirt and roots. And this was surrounded with every underground utility you can think of, gas,power,telcom. We where originally going to dig a pit at all 4 corners of the home and pipe burst in HDPE with holes drilled in it to act like the original system but decided against it because a seperate footing line and seperate rain leader line would have been best. But the cost was too high for the homeowners. So we opened up the six inch line to see if it could be opened up and even be used to take the water away. If we could take the water away Jetting the house drains would be easy. Well my report is the 1/2" Warthog with front jet and 4000 psi with 25 GPM actually got through the dirt and the roots! The line opened up and it did still connect to the city storm line. We then worked backwards against the house footing/downspout lines and cleared the mud out of them as well. We added cleanouts to the surface for any future work, filled everything in, and it really looked like we where never even there.
    Attached Files
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Can't snake everthing..Jetter madness!

jetter and a pump will work wonders. where did you pump the slurry water?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

There was a row of trees between the sidewalk and the fence moved the hose to different spots. Not that much really got pumped. The line itself was mud for 78 feet. And thats where the mud went straight to the city's storm line.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I did a similar job today, but not quite the scale of yours. I had a clay drain tile with about 6' of heavy roots, mud, and sand. It pretty much had no flow through it. The KJ-3100 and the Root Ranger were my tools of choice.

I tried to get some cool video of the Root Ranger in action, but I couldn't see anything but murky water. If any of you guys have a nice clear Root Ranger video that you can share, I'd like to see it.

Comment

brian, i have a nice 6'' job that was 90% packed with roots.

i have a video from the in front of the root ranger looking toward it. and me operating the jetter from upstream.

adam was on the radio giving me directions and distance.

it's captured on my cs1000 recordings. i need to dig up that usb stick or dvd and post it. real cool. but i used my 1/2'' r.r. and trailer jetter.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X