X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Smart, Maybe Not...

Like I said, could be smart or dumb. Time will tell.

Sectional Cable/Spare Tire Cover.

J.C.
    Attached Files

Re: Maybe Smart, Maybe Not...

Very interesting, is the tire cover water proof?

Comment

Rick says spin them DRY so whats the cover for? I think its a good idea myself.

Comment

Yes. This one has some light cloth inside. I don't much care for that as I'm sure we can all agree it will get junked up or destroyed soon. I'll see how it goes. If I like it there are all kinds out there depending on what one wants to do or spend.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Yes. This one has some light cloth inside. I don't much care for that as I'm sure we can all agree it will get junked up or destroyed soon. I'll see how it goes. If I like it there are all kinds out there depending on what one wants to do or spend.

J.C.

Depending on the fabric, maybe if you applied heat to it to sort of harden that might prevent gunk build up.

Comment

I think it looks professional JC! Now get some decals with your company name and plaster them on it everytime you wear one out. LOL
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Excuse my stupidity but what's the purpose of the cover ? So it doesn't slop up the customers floor on the way out ?

Yeah like Rick says, just spin them dry

Comment

I had my drain guy come out and clean a sludged up building drain for me this morning. Two bathrooms back to back on cast iron about 10' long then exits the slab foundation and turns to clay. The pipe is broken at the clay cleanout and is catching toilet paper. A man who lives there has a mental problem and likes to flush toilet paper and likes to flush alot of it. This contributes to the problem. Anyway I'm digging it up in the next couple weeks and replace the bad section. Its about 30" deep. I estimated 4 hrs digging 1 hr to install pipe and 1 hour to backfill and 1 hour to clean up and write an invoice plus the 2 hrs I was there today. 9 hrs total.

My drain guy will clean a drain for me and warranty it for a year.....85.00 cash. 150 for the general public.

Comment

No sectional vs. drum debate for me. I just thunk it up for reasons I'm sure all of you can figure out.

I have no idea how "spinning cable dry" occurs.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                    I had my drain guy come out and clean a sludged up building drain for me this morning. Two bathrooms back to back on cast iron about 10' long then exits the slab foundation and turns to clay. The pipe is broken at the clay cleanout and is catching toilet paper. A man who lives there has a mental problem and likes to flush toilet paper and likes to flush alot of it. This contributes to the problem. Anyway I'm digging it up in the next couple weeks and replace the bad section. Its about 30" deep. I estimated 4 hrs digging 1 hr to install pipe and 1 hour to backfill and 1 hour to clean up and write an invoice plus the 2 hrs I was there today. 9 hrs total.

My drain guy will clean a drain for me and warranty it for a year.....85.00 cash. 150 for the general public.

WOW HE MUST BE STARVING.. for those prices I can see why you have a "drain guy " and don't do it yourself..

''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                      [/B][/COLOR]

WOW HE MUST BE STARVING.. for those prices I can see why you have a "drain guy " and don't do it yourself..

It's all about location. Around here those prices are the norm. RR only charges $110.00.

Comment

spartan makes an all plastic carrier that has a built in handle. i use to carry 100' of 3/4'' innercore in there.

also gorlitz makes a cable diaper for their open reel drums. should be all water proof.

you could easily fiberglass the 1 side of your cage with fiberglass matting. i just lay my cages on a rubber 2x2 pad or in a mortar tray.

cables will come out 95% dry when you shut off the water and spin them dry. unless you're pulling them through a trap, the cable will be dry and clean.

only time i worry is on a kitchen sink drain with no water to wash them clean before removing from the grease filled line.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          spartan makes an all plastic carrier that has a built in handle. i use to carry 100' of 3/4'' innercore in there.

also gorlitz makes a cable diaper for their open reel drums. should be all water proof.

you could easily fiberglass the 1 side of your cage with fiberglass matting. i just lay my cages on a rubber 2x2 pad or in a mortar tray.

cables will come out 95% dry when you shut off the water and spin them dry. unless you're pulling them through a trap, the cable will be dry and clean.

only time i worry is on a kitchen sink drain with no water to wash them clean before removing from the grease filled line.

rick.
                          Aware of all alternatives such as the Spartan carrier, etc. Even priced them.

This is cheapest and available in alot of places.

I challenge anyone to post a video of clean "spun dry" cables from a galvanized line. I want to see it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                            [/B][/COLOR]

No he just stays busy 5 days a week for 10 hrs a day. The guy lives in a 4,000 sq ft house on the river has nice boats and jet ski's and new work vans. Some people just know how to make money and how to spend it. Dont get caught up in how much he charges when you dont understand the volume of calls he gets with little overhead. He charges the general public 150 and me around 85.00-100 most of the time. WHY? because everyone knows I'm Themaster

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post

maybe I missed something in the posts above this. But explain to me what does this post have to do with JCs's cover for the cable carriers?
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                              X