Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scored Me A K-50

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
    It's loud machine by nature. The only quiet one I've ever had was a brand new one.

If you didn't find shavings in the grease, you're good.

The noise is probably the bearings. Rick posted the bearing size once but I just did a search and couldn't find it. The factory bearings from Ridgid are about $65 each. Auto parts store bearings should be half that or less.
    Hey thanks....no shavings...I went ahead and order bearings...appreciate that!!

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
    Get your bearings on eBay and save some coin
    Ya know..I had the motor off and the top don't weigh anything....its the motor that added the weight!!
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

When you have a loose cable in the machine it will rattle as well.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        When you have a loose cable in the machine it will rattle as well.

Mark
        Okay...It just seemed loud to me, but I only have a K-60 to compared it to...thanks!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
          Okay...It just seemed loud to me, but I only have a K-60 to compared it to...thanks!

What size bearings and how many are there ?

Comment

Yes the crutch tips are the way too go i have k-50 in five of my vans and had consider switching to k-60 instead for dual purpose mains and kitchen but
            i like using the drum attachment with the 5/16 cable for tubs.
            But one suggestion to help you out is buy longer legs for it, theaded galv pipe which will help it stay out of the water better when doing a tub drain and spread the base out
            a little for stablity.
            K-50 are low maintenance, most clutch which is easy.
            Good deal for a 100 since here in hawaii the want seven hundred plus for a new machine only.
            I still trying to find the perfect combo to what machine are in my vans but you cant go wrong with a k-50
            Also the electical tip on the guide hose is a big help, i do the same thing since RIDGID makes grappy hose now and seem to not care
            they dont work at all.

Comment

What size bearings and how many are there ?
              I can tell you the bearing has about 6-8 balls for it though...My supplier can get me a Rigdid for 50 bucks....so its on order!

Derek

Comment

I can tell you the bearing has about 6-8 balls for it though...My supplier can get me a Rigdid for 50 bucks....so its on order!

Make sure you get the number when the new ones comes in. You can get them on eBay for several bucks each delivered. I bought rolls (10) of them for my 300 and K-39-45's at around $3.00 each bearing and they seem to be as good as or better than the OEM bearings

Comment

Make sure you get the number when the new ones comes in. You can get them on eBay for several bucks each delivered. I bought rolls (10) of them for my 300 and K-39-45's at around $3.00 each bearing and they seem to be as good as or better than the OEM bearings
                  Thanks...I need to get a new one because I think the one in it is not suppose to be three seperate pieces...so I would have been guessing at a new one...thanks!!

Derek

Comment

Thanks...I need to get a new one because I think the one in it is not suppose to be three seperate pieces...so I would have been guessing at a new one...thanks!!
                    Yes, they are 3 piece and you should get the ridgid ones. The bearings do not take the brunt of the abuse in the K-50. It's the clutch that gets abused. I just took mine apart today and cleaned it. I still have the original bearings from 1985 and they're fine. I've actually never had to replace the bearings in a K-50 and I have had 3.

K-50's are a little noisy, but they are very reliable.

Comment

Working...
                    X