X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored Me A K-50

Found a K-50 used about 1.5 hours away one way....went and got it..came back and took apart,cleaned, sanded, painted and re-greased....can't wait to use it!!

$100.00....that's what it cost me...Guy was partners with another fella...started fighting and he said get your crap outta of the van...problem was he didn't go outside with the "partner" and the "partner" took the cables and cutters and hose...seems he paid for half of the bill....so this guy quit doing drains and just wanted to get rid of it....
    Attached Files
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Re: Scored Me A K-50

Very nice. You can also use crutch tips bought from a medical store to instead of the caps.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Put a washer inside the rubbers for the feet so the legs do not cut through the rubbers. I have nickels in mine.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I took 1/2" galvanized caps and dipped them in rubber solution....the original feet were gone...the painted the body with a silver hammered finish....

Derek

Comment

The feet is the only complaint I ever had with the K-50, and I still wish Ridgid would look long and hard about redesigning it. The rubbers were totally gone before I got the advice here to use washers/coins inside to protect it.

I like the crutch tips idea, and I think I might try that.

Nice score, and nice job on cleaning it up DC.

Comment

use 15 foot of electric flex for the guide tube. and keep 2 sections connected. i spent 150 for mine with the cable. It is the best money i have spent for the plumbing buisiness. It is worth full price but for 100.......what a deal. get 100' of cable. you will be glad you did.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
              use 15 foot of electric flex for the guide tube. and keep 2 sections connected. i spent 150 for mine with the cable. It is the best money i have spent for the plumbing buisiness. It is worth full price but for 100.......what a deal. get 100' of cable. you will be glad you did.
              I already had 10 foot of c-8 and about 60 foot of c-9 cable...been using the K-60...but kinda big for small jobs....heavy for such a small machine....

Derek

Comment

Sad.....................................

Should have put your efforts towards a Spartan 100 or Model N.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  Sad.....................................

Should have put your efforts towards a Spartan 100 or Model N.
                  Don't be jealous...you'll get a good deal one day.........

I would get a Spartan...but I don't want to pay more than its worth...and have to buy another cable just for that machine...

Derek

Comment

Good score.
                    The K50 is great little machine..
                    Might want to check the clutch.
                    You can find good deals on the clutches on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      Very nice. You can also use crutch tips bought from a medical store to instead of the caps.
                      I use tennis balls under the feet when rodding in tubs or showers. Otherwise I put a drop cloth under it.

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                        Found a K-50 used about 1.5 hours away one way....went and got it..came back and took apart,cleaned, sanded, painted and re-greased....can't wait to use it!!

$100.00....that's what it cost me...Guy was partners with another fella...started fighting and he said get your crap outta of the van...problem was he didn't go outside with the "partner" and the "partner" took the cables and cutters and hose...seems he paid for half of the bill....so this guy quit doing drains and just wanted to get rid of it....
                        Home Depot and Lowe's will both have rubber feet for the legs. I always drop a washer in the feet first to make them last longer.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Okay so I cleaned and painted and relubed everything...pretty loud...took the back half off and when on where the pinion gear on the motor meets the bevel gear, if I hit that with grease it quiets down but then within 20 seconds it starts up again...I dropped the motor and turned it on, its quiet...I was wondering...are they loud or maybe the bearing is bad or the bevel gear? All the teeth look good on both gears...thanks!!

Derek

Comment

It's loud machine by nature. The only quiet one I've ever had was a brand new one.

If you didn't find shavings in the grease, you're good.

The noise is probably the bearings. Rick posted the bearing size once but I just did a search and couldn't find it. The factory bearings from Ridgid are about $65 each. Auto parts store bearings should be half that or less.

Comment

Get your bearings on eBay and save some coin

Comment

Working...
                              X