X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-75 ?

found one for sale, it looks just like a k-1500 but has 5/8 & 7/8 jaws. is it somehow more powerful than a k-60 (both 1/2 horse) . they are bigger bulkier heavier,what is the advantage? can they be converted to 3/4 horse and 11/4 cable?

Re: k-75 ?

there was talk about discontinuing the k-75.

it's only for 7/8'' and 5/8''. no reason why a 3/4hp motor won't fit, but why?

the only thing going for the k-75 is the wheels to allow you to roll it.

but with my k-60 i can carry the machine in 1 hand and carry another 90' of 7/8'' in the other.

can't see the k-75 lasting with the k-60 selling like hot cakes.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by pipe doc View Post
      found one for sale, it looks just like a k-1500 but has 5/8 & 7/8 jaws. is it somehow more powerful than a k-60 (both 1/2 horse) . they are bigger bulkier heavier,what is the advantage? can they be converted to 3/4 horse and 11/4 cable?
      Why would you need / want a machine that size for 5/8" or even 7/8" cables..I have a1500 set up for 1 1/4" and bought the jawsets to run 7/8" if the need arises..But so far the k60 won't let it outta the shed...Do yourself a favor and check out the 60
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have a k-75 i used it for years before i got a k-60. I used it with all 7/8" innercore cable. now it just sits in the garage next to the k-1500

I never used the 5/8" with it because you have to switch the jaws wich could take a 1/2 hour or so

The k-75 seems to have a tad more power than the k-60. dont know why that is but i know for sure it has a little more the the k-60

I mainly cabled 3"-6" lines with it and it did just fine.

Comment

I would say if it is priced right, why hot? If it is not, pass it up and hold out for a K-60.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I have a new k-60 . I thought it was a 1500 at first. for $400.00 i was a little excited. the cable (6-5/8 x 8 5-7/8 x 15) several cutters and a cage may be worth it . it is old but used very little . 5/8 is new. do any of you use 5/8 w/ a k-60 ?

Comment

i have used the k-60 with 5/8'' cable, but i prefer the k-50 for that. unless i'm already on the roof with the 60, then i'll run 5/8'' when necessary.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by pipe doc View Post
                I have a new k-60 . I thought it was a 1500 at first. for $400.00 i was a little excited. the cable (6-5/8 x 8 5-7/8 x 15) several cutters and a cage may be worth it . it is old but used very little . 5/8 is new. do any of you use 5/8 w/ a k-60 ?
                The 5/8" sectional cable is my favorite although I usually use my K-50 with it.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I do...its only because I just got a K-50 and have to get it ready...but I still am using the K-60 for 5/8 and 7/8...
                  Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                  You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Working...
                  X