X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• city sewer main rehab with liner

watched as they rehabbed 900' of 8'' city sewer main with a liner.

one of my buildings i've been involved with for the last 8 years with a long standing sewer root problem finally had their problems taken care of by the city. the city hired an out of state company from colorado to reline the city main in the alley pulling through 4 manholes a total of 900' of continuous liner. what amazed me is the speed and efficiency of the crew. working with 2 camera trucks from 2 ends, a jetter truck, a boiler truck and a refrigerated truck with 4000' of 8'' liner all wet out on ice.

8am the city shuts off the water main to the entire block to prevent flooding. crews move in to jet line and prep for camera trucks. once camered they pulled back a rope 900' and attached it to a pre coated/ wet out liner from the refrigerated truck. this speeds up the prep process as the liner was ready to pull in right from the truck. by 10:30 they had the liner pulled and the steam flowing to start the curing process. by 3:30 they had the liner cured, laterals all robotically cut out and line camered for the city records.

i returned to open up the building water and start up the heater and pumps.

very nice young crew who have been working out of town for 5 weeks now.

some of the photos i took for a show and tell session to follow.

rick.

brand new enclose jetting truck to clean the line prior to camering and lining. also used as a water supply for the steam truck.

camera tractor waiting to inspect as the cutter tractor is in the main to cut out some roots left behind from the jetting flush.

robotic air powered cutter used to clean up some left over roots and then used to cut the taps/ reinstate the saddle wyes.

refrigerated truck holding a weeks worth / 4000' of pre wetted 8'' liner being pulled in.

steam truck used to inflate the liner and cure it.

steam manifold with pressure gauge, thermometer and city required curing reports along with a 3rd line for air inflation.

900' away the steam exit hose. along with a 2.5'' discharge hose and pump to bypass the waste water from manhole to manhole during the lining process.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-07-2011, 03:15 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: city sewer main rehab with liner

some more photos of the process.

rick.

one of the crew members as they attached the pull rope to the liner getting ready to drop it in the manhole.

another crew member banding the liner to the steam exit pipe.

liner that was pulled through 2 manholes and later the top section was cut out with a 4.5'' diamond grinder

closeup of the liner in the bottom of the manhole. standing water is forced out by the inflated liner.

jetter truck supplying water to the steam truck. notice all the ficus lining the alley.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-07-2011, 03:26 AM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Wow NICE
      We do Nuflow in hawaii but not on that scale. Always wonder what the cost would be to get to where you could have the equipment
      to do that size of a job.
      Im small fry compare to that size.
      Thank Rick for the post.
      Lining is a real benefit to those who want to keep the damage done to the property landscape down
      but for us the we charge for lining base on either footage or what it would cost to dig it up and try and put the number just below the
      actually cost of digging the line up.
      Our problem has been trying to line 2 inch lines and we find it fail to often to even attempt to do it, so we stick to three and four inch sewer lines mainly.
      Plus i dont think the techology is their for restatement of joints for smaller lines like under bathrooms where basin and shower tie in are.
      Mostly this is for mains and you stop where their a joint and start the liner back after the fitting ends.
      Anyway again wish i had the big stuff.

Comment

frp, is it possible i met you about 8 -9 years ago in nashville at the pumper show. i was also interested in the nuflow system and there was a guy from hawaii there too.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

What brand was the Liner?
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i believe that the company makes their own as they are a huge company based out of saint louis. the company is "insituform technologies inc"

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

That's who did our whole little town last year. I saw them, but never had time to take picture.

MONSTER company.

J.C.

Comment

pretty sweet pics. I live in the San Gabriel Valley and there was a similar project for the city of San Marino that i drove by a month ago. Looks like cities are getting smarter with the pipeline projects finally. What city was the repair in , if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

they have a contract with the city.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

With that zip code , it is good they used a non invasive solution for the repairs....

Comment

Excuse my ignorance here, the sewer in my area is fairly modern...

The liner itself, what is it made out of?

The pipe it's lining is failing clay or what?

Comment

in this case the 8'' pipe was concrete. but clay is very common too.

the liner material was a polyester fabric. the resins are either an epoxy or a polymer of some sort. by keeping it cold, it doesn't set up until exposed to heat.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Nice pics..They have been doing sewer and manhole rehabs in my area for a while ...My only issue is now they are installing manhole lids with bolts..Are they afraid someone is going to steal whats down there...If I am snaking a sewer that I fel has a manhole tap or upstream of one I always pop the lid. That way I can call the county if the I see the main or manhole flooded..Ran into that more than once
                          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                            Nice pics..They have been doing sewer and manhole rehabs in my area for a while ...My only issue is now they are installing manhole lids with bolts..Are they afraid someone is going to steal whats down there...If I am snaking a sewer that I fel has a manhole tap or upstream of one I always pop the lid. That way I can call the county if the I see the main or manhole flooded..Ran into that more than once
                            Here were not allowed to pop their manhole covers PITA to sit and wait an hour or more waiting for them to be paged
                            Rod
                            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                            http://unclognh.com
                            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

When you said they were out of Colorado, I was waiting to hear if it was the losers I used to work for. Then you went on about what a pro job it was and how nice the crew was, and I knew it couldn't be. It wasn't. Insituform did some lines in Fairplay, a town near here, a couple years ago. I saw their trucks around but didn't get a chance to chat. No real info on it but I'd probably have heard if there was an issue with the work.
                              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X