X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridigd 750-

''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
      Excuse my ignorance ..What's all this draining , tilting, duct tape etc. etc all about ..Is this before after or during the drain cleaning process.Sorry I am just not familiar with all this

I'll tell you what, there is no way in hell I would have wanted to keep bringing the cable back (70+ feet out) to clean the cutter running a K-Silly. I'm hoping the cork screwing of the drill and eel cable will be more forgiving on this task and quicker overall.
      Last edited by AssTyme; 06-23-2011, 09:43 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
        Good job on clearing the line but if your getting a 90 dollar tips, maybe people think your priced low. Might want to think about raising your rates.

He was a nice & talkative elderly gentleman and I did go easy on him. I bet I'll probably never get another $90.00 tip as long as I'm in the business ??? It is very strange that I've received two in such a short period of time.

Dr. Rooter was 4 hours late the day before and when they finally showed up he told them to hit the road so he was probably happy when I showed up on schedule

You should see some of the nasty notes about my prices that I've received on the checks mailed to me, lol !!!
        Last edited by AssTyme; 06-22-2011, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
          I'll tell you what, there is no way in hell I would have wanted to keep bringing the cable back (70+ feet out) to clean the cutter running a K-Silly. I'm hoping the cork screwing of the drill and eel cable will be less forgiving on this task and quicker overall.
          Then prepare to be disappointed. That's a long distance to be snake charming with the drill
          Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 06-23-2011, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Really ? More details please
            When you torque up the cable in a machine with an inner drum (like your beloved Spartan 300) the cable will tighten down on the inner drum. It prevent the cable from flipping inside the drum. I did that once with the Sewermatic. That sucked. If the cable is too limber it can sometimes slide forward while tightening on the inner drum and overlap at the front of the outer drum. I did this a couple times with the 1065. That sucked too.

So basically the inner drum allows you to build up more torque on the cable which can be helpful ripping out those root balls that are more tangled than that old ball 'o yarn that your grandma used to knit with.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
              Then prepare to be disappointed. That's a long distance to be snake charming with the drill

Well if that's the case I have less than $200.00 in the drill so no big deal. I can always try something else to turn the eel cable.

Comment

Well if that's the case I have less than $200.00 in the drill so no big deal. I can always try something else to turn the eel cable.
                can always try a model C to turn the eel cable.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                  can always try a model C to turn the eel cable.
                  Or a Ridgid K-1500 A or a Rothenberger R750. The R750 is a really nice little machine. It runs the 1.25" cable or the 7/8" cable without having to change clutch jaws. The R750 is my new favorite. the only thing I don't like about it is how many of the parts are plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                    Or a Ridgid K-1500 A or a Rothenberger R750. The R750 is a really nice little machine. It runs the 1.25" cable or the 7/8" cable without having to change clutch jaws. The R750 is my new favorite. the only thing I don't like about it is how many of the parts are plastic.
                    I have had my R750 for a long time. Did you get the snap in collet to run the 5/8 cables?
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

No, it was too much money and I always have the K-50 (and the K-60) on the truck, I didn't see a need for it.

I didn't have to get a guide hose either as the one for the 1500 fits perfect. Lucky for me too as the guide hose cost more than I paid for the machine I got a helluva deal.

I wish that Ridgid would redesign the K-75 to to copy the features of the R750 (with a 3/4 hp motor)

Comment

Working...
                      X