Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Ridigd 750-

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ridigd 750-

    A freind just gave me a k750. He brought it used at an auction but never used it. It looks almost new. I have never used a drum. Is this somthing I can learn on my own? Any hints on the 750? Looking at older posts I found out that it does not have an inner drum. Is that good or bad? Thanks

  • #2
    Re: Ridigd 750-

    Make sure the distribution arm is well greased at all times. Feed the cable in slow and easy, when you feel you are on a blockage do not over torque it. When rolling it up the auto feed prefers roll up the cable with the motor on reverse. This is not the best machine to learn how to rod with, a person can get hurt. As long as you take your time and do not force it, you should be fine.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Ridigd 750-

      Without an inner drum you can't be as aggressive with the build up of torque...I have the K-7500, and its a great machine, low maintenance and such...So slow and steady wins the race with a K-750....
      Last edited by dcman; 06-22-2011, 03:08 PM. Reason: Because I don't proof read!!!
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

      Derek

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ridigd 750-

        have 3 including a custom converted 12 volt unit.

        the auto feed is a little weak. but the cable is the same as the 7500. i like to hand feed it to the stoppage and then tease it with the auto feed in and out. you can listen and watch the cable to judge the load. the wheels and kick stand could use a little improvement, but overall it will get the job done.

        i also like to drill a 1/4'' in the drum and tape it over to allow for easy drainage without tilting it back. transport the hole down to drain. and up with tape to your final destination.


        rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Ridigd 750-

          Originally posted by dcman View Post
          An inner drum just means that you can't be as aggressive with the build up of torque...

          Really ? More details please

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Ridigd 750-

            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

            i also like to drill a 1/4'' in the drum and tape it over to allow for easy drainage without tilting it back. transport the hole down to drain. and up with tape to your final destination.


            rick.


            I've been wanting to do something like this to my 300 & 100 machines. Have to go to the hardware store and look for some sort of plug than can be easily removed but not fall out while working. Any thoughts ???

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Ridigd 750-

              Sorry I forgot the word "without" at the beginning....man I really should proofread what I type....sorry about that..
              Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
              You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

              Derek

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Ridigd 750-

                I have the two holes in mine and I never plug them....the only time I have had a problem was pulling back and not having unstopped the drain ...so before I started up the machine again I just drain the drum and go again....
                Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

                Derek

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Ridigd 750-

                  I had a job yesterday that took me close to 4 hours, my longest sewer call to date. I pulled out 2 1/2 five gallon buckets full of roots from a 100' six inch line. Pulled back countless times and got stuck twice coming back into the 4" cast. I really need to get going on that drill & eel cable setup.

                  The guy tipped me $90.00, my second $90.00 tip in a year
                  Last edited by AssTyme; 06-22-2011, 06:38 PM. Reason: Spelling

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Ridigd 750-

                    Originally posted by dcman View Post
                    Sorry I forgot the word "without" at the beginning....man I really should proofread what I type....sorry about that..


                    Don't forget about the "edit" feature

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Ridigd 750-

                      well if I edit it now...then nobody would get it...heck I will fix it!!!
                      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

                      Derek

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Ridigd 750-

                        Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                        I've been wanting to do something like this to my 300 & 100 machines. Have to go to the hardware store and look for some sort of plug than can be easily removed but not fall out while working. Any thoughts ???
                        don't over think it. just wait until you have the cable all the way out, then it's safe to drill a 1/4'' hole in the drum. line up the hole on a reference point of the label so you know where it's positioned pretty easily. a 2'' x 2'' strip of duct tape will last for years. the only time you remove it is to drain it at the end of the job. when rolling back to the truck keep the hole up if it's not safe to drain and down when you're safe for the rusty dirty water.

                        a rubber expansion well nut will only work on the rear of the drum and it's a pita.

                        drill the 1/4'' hole and tape or buy a sectional and never worry about draining

                        rick.
                        phoebe it is

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Ridigd 750-

                          Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          drill the 1/4'' hole and tape or buy a sectional and never worry about draining

                          rick.


                          Between the two I'll go with the tape

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Ridigd 750-

                            Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                            I had a job yesterday that took me close to 4 hours, my longest sewer call to date. I pulled out 2 1/2 five gallon buckets full of roots from a 100' six inch line. Pulled back countless times and got stuck twice coming back into the 4" cast. I really need to get going on that drill & eel cable setup.

                            The guy tipped me $90.00, my second $90.00 tip in a year
                            Good job on clearing the line but if your getting a 90 dollar tips, maybe people think your priced low. Might want to think about raising your rates.
                            Will Rogers Plumbing
                            Moore, Oklahoma
                            (
                            405) 323-2852

                            "Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

                            "We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"



                            www.willrogersplumbing.com
                            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

                            "Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Ridigd 750-

                              Excuse my ignorance ..What's all this draining , tilting, duct tape etc. etc all about ..Is this before after or during the drain cleaning process.Sorry I am just not familiar with all this
                              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X