I'm about to take my K1500 off the truck..Hail to the K60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm about to take my K1500 off the truck..Hail to the K60

I purchased my K60 3 mo's ago and after aprox. 60 main sewer cleaning jobs I have only had to use the K1500 once..I did buy the General IC Cable (105') and 45' of the standard Ridgid cable..My back thanks me... I actually dont hurt anymore and I sleep better....I personally feel that this is due to using the lighter set up...I run 3 15' lengths of cable in a reel to keep the lbs down too.. Is my K1500 for sale? No Way !...It's there for them Weepin Willow jobs...But over all for me the K60 is keeping me in the game... Did I mention I love my K60? I suggest considering it the next time you invest in equipment you cant go wrong....Oh I still have several drum machines that dont get used at all..But for us guys working alone without a helper the K60 is the best thing since sliced bread...Tom

Re: I'm about to take my K1500 off the truck..Hail to the K60

i have a k-1500 that has sat in the garage for 3 years now

between the k-60 and the eel cables and drill, i have no use for the k-1500

Comment

I use my KM-1500 or R750 with 1.25" cable on outside jobs rodding from a residential catch basin.

The 1500 is my choice machine for 6" as it goes a lot faster and is a lot more effective in 6"

I prefer the R750 with general IC 7/8" cable these days. The Rothy can push the IC cable a lot better at long distances and is only a little heavier than the K-60. It has a 1.25 hp motor and WHEELS!

I still use the K-60 a lot though.

If I ever wear out my C-14 and C-11 cables, I might give the eel cables a try.....but I may have to wait a few years for that!

Comment

tom, where have you been hiding the last few years

i've been saying the same thing for over 3 years now on a daily basis

between the 3 k-60's i have they have replaced over a dozen drum machines. i still own a new 1500 and 2- 1 of a kind 1500's that belong in the ridgid hall of fame museum.

i'm glad you feel as enthusiastic about the k-60 as i do

there was a time the drum guys were doubting my claims. but now they're buying a k-60 for themselves. some are too embarrassed to come out of the closet, but we know they are drooling over a k-60.

the k-60 is the machine you can build a drain cleaning company around. the k-60 does to drain cleaning what kobe bryant does to basketball. sorry Lamar

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Actually Rick, I think the K-60 is more like Derrick Rose. Since Chicago's kid is the reigning MVP, I feel that this comparison is better justified. Kind of small for what it does and how much power it can bring. It can also weave it's way into tight spaces making the impossible seem possible and get higher than any other!

MVP, MVP, MVP!

A drum is more like LeBron James: It can do some magical things sometimes, but in the end it will get outperformed by a big German (my Rothenberger )hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
            Actually Rick, I think the K-60 is more like Derrick Rose. Since Chicago's kid is the reigning MVP, I feel that this comparison is better justified. Kind of small for what it does and how much power it can bring. It can also weave it's way into tight spaces making the impossible seem possible and get higher than any other!

MVP, MVP, MVP!

A drum is more like LeBron James: It can do some magical things sometimes, but in the end it will get outperformed by a big German (my Rothenberger )hahaha
            great analogy

Comment

Comment

asstyme you never used a sectional.....why are you sooo against them?

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                  He scared he will like it....then have to spend more money...lol....
                  Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                  You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post

Au contraire, I've helped use a K-1500 several times and it's a PITA. More trips, longer to setup and longer to clear the line.

Besides, I'm just having a little fun

Comment

Bought my 1500 last May..Still looks like the picture..The 60 on the other hand is always on the truck..Do they make a " hybrid sectional/drum machine?" That way everyone would be happy ..maybe
                      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                        Bought my 1500 last May..Still looks like the picture..The 60 on the other hand is always on the truck..Do they make a " hybrid sectional/drum machine?" That way everyone would be happy ..maybe

I think the closest thing would be the K-50 with drum attachment ???

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                          I think the closest thing would be the K-50 with drum attachment ???
                          Tell you what. When they come out with the drum attachment for the 60 that hold the 5/8" cables .Well you gotta admit that would be the set up then..I already have the prototype in my head ..It will probably never leave though..I have a couple drum attachments I will snap on the 60 on occasion.but the drum has to be bigger for the 5/8' cables..well back to the lab
                          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

You just take an eel model n and set it behind the K-60

I tried to come up with something too, but I found that keeping 2 or 3 double or triple length guide tubes makes it go quicker and cleaner with the 5/8" cable.

I use a 20' long piece of 3/4" liquidtite with my K-50.

Comment

now I use the K-60 and genral 7/8" IC cable for first 75' and then go to ridgid 7/8" hc cable and I have no problem my K-60 handles the cable just fine
                              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                              X