X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanding cutters

I know they make an expanding cutter for 4-6" but do they make an expanding cutter for 3-4"..My issue a lot of times is when I go through a 3" cast iron stack with a test tee.I know the base of the stack increases to 4" most of the time but can get only so big of a head intially started. Any suggestions, Thanks
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Expanding cutters

Eel does, AJ Coleman had them in stock when I was there last. They make a 3 x 4, 4 x 6, and a 6 x 8.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I use the Ridgid expanding cutter with my 1500 a lot from inside cleanouts. I only use it as a finishing cutter though. I always start with the spear and then go up in size as pipe allows then finish with the expanding cutter.

The eel cutters look awesome. I'm considering getting an adapter to use them once I wear out my current batch of Ridgid blades. Also the eel expanding cutters are 3 bladed vs. the Ridgid ones that are 2 bladed.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        Eel does, AJ Coleman had them in stock when I was there last. They make a 3 x 4, 4 x 6, and a 6 x 8.

Never dealt with them before .Seems like you and a lot of others have though and highly recommend them.Thanks again,
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          Never dealt with them before .Seems like you and a lot of others have though and highly recommend them.Thanks again,
          They have a lot in stock and they ship. Good people and very knowledgeable. They carry and service Ridgid, General, Spartan, Eel, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

I have heard of ridgid making expandable blade but have never actually see them do they make them fit gorlitz cable ends? I know I know i should go with the k-60 but I love my gorlitz.

Comment

gorlitz doesn't have any expanding cutters. what you would need to do is drill and tap the back of the coupler 3/8'' x 24tpi and then screw in a gorlitz coupler. then weld it so it doesn't come unscrewed.

i have a few of them that i've converted to fit other cables.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I have the Eel 4 x 6 expanding cutter. The thing is awesome. There pricey though, 250+ bucks.
                Will Rogers Plumbing
                Moore, Oklahoma
                (
                405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                  I have the Eel 4 x 6 expanding cutter. The thing is awesome. There pricey though, 250+ bucks.

Yikes

Comment

The 4x6 Electric Eel expanding cutter I have works GREAT! AJ Coleman welded together some adapters to go from 1.25" Electric Eel down to .66 magnum Spartan. You don't even want to know what that cost. Money well spent though.
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Will I told you so I knew you would love it
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

For those of you that want to use the Ridgid expanding cutter with a drum machine, give Allan J Coleman a call. They have made leaders with the Ridgid expanding cutter on the end. My father had Marvin make one up over 20 years ago and we are still using it.

Last edited by SewerRatz; 06-29-2011, 08:14 AM.
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

it's actually real easy to do it yourself.

just enlarge the center coupling hole to accept a 3/8'' x 24tpi tap. drill and tap it. then the standard ridgid blade coupler will thread into it. at that point you want to weld the coupler head onto eachother. no leader, just the ridgid quick connect coupler.

i've done it for my drum and my sectional cables and never an issue.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                            Yikes
                            NO PROBLEM, Just Sell off some of the Wife's china on E bay ! She'll never know,and I bet She's not on the Ridgid forum !
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                            X