X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new lavy tub etc, machine.

Was looking at the k40. I think it runs 5/16 cable, I don't really think I like the drill cleaner models such as the k39. I already have the k60 but want something a bit smaller. Anybody have any experience with the k40 or any other machine they could share with me?

Re: Need new lavy tub etc, machine.

I am running a K-40B unit and I love it. It uses the same drum as the K-39 just no need to hold it. It does spin slower which many will tell you is no good and underpowered. I will tell you it works just fine, it takes some getting used to. I have rodded showers, bathtubs, lav sinks, and many urinals with it.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

HaveNt used the k 40 but I bought a gorlitz g 15 with 50 feet of 1/4 inch and works great... I cut the 50 in half to run those k/s strainers, no need for 50 feet it's pointless . Use the 5/16 bulb head for tubs and lavs..
      Last edited by LThompson; 06-18-2011, 06:32 PM. Reason: Error

Comment

Originally posted by LThompson View Post
        HaveNt used the k 40 but I bought a gorlitz g 15 with 50 feet of 1/4 inch and works great... I cut the 50 in half to run those k/s strainers, no need for 50 feet it's pointless . Use the 5/16 bulb head for tubs and lavs..
        The k40B is the battery unit right, If so are the batteries interchangeable with the seesnake monitors. And does it also come with an ac adapter

Comment

Why no love for the K-45AF ?

Comment

I really don't know. I don't know anything about it. Having to pick a new toy is fun but I really want to get the best I can afford at the moment

Comment

I don't like drill/pistol style machines either. I have one for overhead lines, but I don't use it much.

The K-50 is my go-to sink/tub/shower machine. I use it with the 5/8" sectional for some drains and the A17 drum adapter for some with 1/4", 5/16" or 3/8" cable (depending on the fixture).

I like to have my hand on the cable for small drains which is why I don't care for the autofeed models like the K-40 or K-45. Just me. I don't see a need for an autofeed on 5-10' fixture drains.

-Chris

Comment

i am also a k-50 with the drum adapeter guy....

Comment

I use the A/C k-40 with the 3/8" bulb end cable, and no autofeed. it's a 35' cable but to be honest, if the blockage is much past the trap or more substantial than hair, it's all but useless. the 5/16 cable was an exercise in frustration for me, as I frequently just bent them into a pretzel trying to pull hair back.

Rick will also advocate pulling the cable out of the pistol style machines so they can dry. I started doing this with my k-40 after reading that and highly recommend it. no more slinging week old sewer sludge as I push the cable.
                  No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

i have a k-40 from the day they came out. still looks like the day it came out because it was useless.

unless things have changed for the better with an updated design. stick with the k-39/45. or the k-50 with drum adapter.

the k-50 with drum will do the small stuff like tubs and lav drains. with the 5/8'' sectional will handle the laundry , kitchen and shower drains.

i use the k39 almost daily and without any issues. the most important thing with any small enclosed drum cable is to keep them dry or keep them oiled. i remove my cables all the time and therefore they last a long long time.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      i have a k-40 from the day they came out. still looks like the day it came out because it was useless.

unless things have changed for the better with an updated design. stick with the k-39/45. or the k-50 with drum adapter.

the k-50 with drum will do the small stuff like tubs and lav drains. with the 5/8'' sectional will handle the laundry , kitchen and shower drains.

i use the k39 almost daily and without any issues. the most important thing with any small enclosed drum cable is to keep them dry or keep them oiled. i remove my cables all the time and therefore they last a long long time.

rick.
                      Rick just go ahead and send me that there K-40 I will put it to good use.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

ron it's so buried on a shelf for the last 8 or so years, i'll have to dig it up and dust it off.

i'm sure your newer unit has been redesigned. mine was the first run that i waited 2 months for.

the spacing between the drum and front frame adapter allowed the cable to squeeze between it while auto retrieving. not too fun as it ruined the cable and was wedged.

i might just try it again without the guide hose and power feed. or mount the power feed on the frame eliminating the guide hose. also removing the little torque arm on the end of the cable would allow the cable to be easily removed.

who knows, those few changes and it might just actually work.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

I decided to go with the k45, I'm grateful for the feed back guys thank's.

Comment

Originally posted by CHUCKELS View Post
                            I decided to go with the k45, I'm grateful for the feed back guys thank's.

I love all my K-39AF's and K-45AF's. Let us know how it works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by CHUCKELS View Post
                              I really don't know. I don't know anything about it. Having to pick a new toy is fun but I really want to get the best I can afford at the moment

You must have done some research ???

Comment

Working...
                              X