X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• root ranger question

Will the root ranger 3000 rated at 4gpm, work with a kj 3100 5.5 gpm. Or is there a specific root ranger for the 3100. I understand that I can turn the 3100 down as to only allow 4gpm. I was just wondering if they made a ranger for the 3100 or if there is a quality alternative. I here warthogs are pretty good but I dont know there sizes or if they make something for roots for my 3100.

Re: root ranger question

Order a root ranger made to your specs from here.
    The Jetters Edge
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I would buy a ridgid root ranger and just buy a turbo nozzle to match it.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The Ridgid root ranger is a perfect match @ 5.5 gpm......i went over this in detail with bill from jetters edge. I have 5.5gpm @3500psi and i purchased a ridgid root ranger....it works perfect

You could also move up to a double barrel root ranger....i have one they are awesome! Bill is our root ranger expert

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
          The Ridgid root ranger is a perfect match @ 5.5 gpm......i went over this in detail with bill from jetters edge. I have 5.5gpm @3500psi and i purchased a ridgid root ranger....it works perfect

You could also move up to a double barrel root ranger....i have one they are awesome! Bill is our root ranger expert
          For now I'm only going to purchase one root ranger. Do you prefer the double barrel or the single barrel. Some day I would like to have a collection like Ricks but for now ,one at a time. Even if I went three at a time I don't think I would have such an impressive assortment of gadgets that Rick has.

Comment

the root ranger is the most bang for the buck when it comes to a nozzle that can cut roots. especially for a low gpm machine.

but keep in mind, the design of this nozzle makes you have to twist the hose to get 100% coverage. also the debris will be blown back to the inlet. ok if you're going upstream, but going downstream will blow all the debris back to you.

most jetters will blow debris back. it's just that the rootranger will blow back the most, due to it's super powerful single jet.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I'm working on getting photos and what not to add to my profile on here. I really appreciate this forum, I have a decent amount of friends in the trades that I get to talk to but none do drain cleaning. I live pretty much out in the sticks. The whole area is economically depressed and besides RR and the occasional handyman with a drum machine I'm the only one I know with some technology. I've been plumbing and fitting for 5 or six years and every company I ever work for always subs the drain cleaning and line location out to RR. I bought my first machine a K 60 a couple years ago. I believe just reading this forum Rick sold me on the K 60. Now i got a decent amount of equipment and threw all your collective knowledge I learned how to provide a good service without destroying the equipment. Reading all your posts on here you guys seem like one big plumbing drain cleaning family. I get more solid practical info off of here than anywhere else I'm still a rookie. But for some inexplainable reason I love drain cleaning more Than any other type of plumbing, fitting or welding. But besides RR Theres nobody around my area to learn from that I know of. And from what my customers tell me I do a more professional job than the the other guys, I think It's the technology Alot of you guys tricks, and I have a licence and the comp don't. So thanks for all the help hope you don't mind my long windedness

Comment

I said Jetters edge because my ridgid bought root ranger did not come with a plug to add a front jet. Do the current American Ridgid Root Rangers come with the plug in the front to add a front Jet?
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                  I said Jetters edge because my ridgid bought root ranger did not come with a plug to add a front jet. Do the current American Ridgid Root Rangers come with the plug in the front to add a front Jet?
                  Yes
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I am asking if a Double Barrel Root Ranger can get through a 3 1/2" cleanout....We see alot of 3 1/2" cleanouts here and if I buy the Double Barrel it would have to be able to make it through..Thanks, Tom...

Comment

yes. If the pipe size is 4" is will fit down a 3.5" cleanout fitting. only if the fitting is on a why.....a tee will give you trouble

Most are sewers are 4" c/i with a 3.5"threaded cleanout fitting.....leading to a 6" clay sewer line

Comment

Originally posted by CHUCKELS View Post
                        I'm working on getting photos and what not to add to my profile on here. I really appreciate this forum, I have a decent amount of friends in the trades that I get to talk to but none do drain cleaning. I live pretty much out in the sticks. The whole area is economically depressed and besides RR and the occasional handyman with a drum machine I'm the only one I know with some technology. I've been plumbing and fitting for 5 or six years and every company I ever work for always subs the drain cleaning and line location out to RR. I bought my first machine a K 60 a couple years ago. I believe just reading this forum Rick sold me on the K 60. Now i got a decent amount of equipment and threw all your collective knowledge I learned how to provide a good service without destroying the equipment. Reading all your posts on here you guys seem like one big plumbing drain cleaning family. I get more solid practical info off of here than anywhere else I'm still a rookie. But for some inexplainable reason I love drain cleaning more Than any other type of plumbing, fitting or welding. But besides RR Theres nobody around my area to learn from that I know of. And from what my customers tell me I do a more professional job than the the other guys, I think It's the technology Alot of you guys tricks, and I have a licence and the comp don't. So thanks for all the help hope you don't mind my long windedness
                        Yes , This is a great family!My mother in law retired to Marshall creek Pa. The folks need competent tradesman so much in Pa. rural areas.someone like You will do very well! BE WELL.
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                        X