X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trailer Jetters

with a trailer you could always turn down the volume and pressure from it's max. capacity.

on a cart you can't turn it up more than you already have.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I found a unit with to much GPM tends to flood out the smaller systems. I tend to use my cart jetter more than the trailer. The jobs I use the trailer on is manhole to manhol type jobs.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

swade, i have the american jetter 835 and it works fine. i fill up the tank and have the water hose running when iam jetting. so no problem running out of water. if you want to check it out let me know, iam over in Burbank. not to far from you
        rat....................

Comment

Just purchased one of these ---> EAGLE 200 12gpm @ 3000 psi + a wothog nozzle. Should be here in a couple weeks. Shipping cost hurt but I am super excited. John & Steve @ Jetters Northwest are very knowledgeable and helpful.
          Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
          Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

awesome can wait to see some pics!

Comment

I think you will be happy with your Eagle 200. I almost got one myself a few few ago. I jet mostly residential lines and light commercial so I didn't need a US Jet or Harben monster(yet). I plan on getting one, just not needed yet. I thought it over, did all kinds of research, and Jetters Northwest is who I decided on. I passed of getting the Eagle 200 and built my own. Glad I did. constructing a Jetter is not near as complicated as one may think. The jetter I buillt can do 4K and do 1 gpm-7gpm. I have 1/8" hose, 1/4" hose and 3/8". I've run it out over 150' on the 3/8" hose in a 6" concrete storm sewer and it worked well.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Will Rogers Plumbing; 07-15-2011, 07:14 AM.
              Will Rogers Plumbing
              Moore, Oklahoma
              (
              405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
              http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

It's here and it's oh so pretty. I got a call for it just before I picked it up @ the dock. Since it still had the blue plastic wrapping on it I decided to cable the line but will be back for a jet on Monday. I will be testing it this weekend at home and at my guy's home before taking it out to a job.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	1fc350bc11d16a40385fd88522b54f39.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	15331
                Ray

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Jetters Northwest would like to say thank you to Ray for his purchase and his post. Great luck to you with your new jetter. We are always here to help.

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
                    It's here and it's oh so pretty. I got a call for it just before I picked it up @ the dock. Since it still had the blue plastic wrapping on it I decided to cable the line but will be back for a jet on Monday. I will be testing it this weekend at home and at my guy's home before taking it out to a job.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	1fc350bc11d16a40385fd88522b54f39.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	15331
                    I've been eye balling JNW products for awhile now, but I think a trailer might be too big for my needs...I don't know. But let us know how you like it, and give us a review.

Comment

Very happy with the Jetter. It puts out some power! I was impressed with how well the controls are set up. The Kawasaki engine is on the quieter side for a gas engine even fully rev'd. The trailer itself is very well made has braking axels and an emergency breakaway system built in. The frame is way solid. The set up of controls and reels and toolbox is excellent too, all in one spot and the engine is on the opposite side so the controller isn't standing right next to it while operating. Overall very well built piece of machinery. These guys take pride in their work. Everyone I dealt with at JNW was super helpful & knowledgeable.

I pulled up to a job and the client was like "wow thats impressive". It seemed that he was more willing to pay extra $$ for the jetter after he saw it.

Flux, the nice thing about a bigger jetter is that it can always be throttled down for smaller lines. I notice when I use the 3/8 hose for 3" lines I can throttle the engine down quite a bit and when I do 4-6 I can throttle it up. The auxilary reel is a must. Think of a big jetter like a gun... better to have one and not need it than need it and not have it. Bigger ones are much more versatile.
                      Ray

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

my us jetter has already paid for itself in the 13 months i've had it.

my secret is to discount the jetter to the customers when i make my the schedule. otherwise they are paying a 2 hour minimum. basically that's because i have to pick it up from the shop and tow it to the job, then bring it back. driving a 7000# trailer around and trying to find parking for it all day long doesn't work.

so when i can sch. i can knock off 4 jobs on my sch and still make a day of it.

tomorrow is a building that's a city block long and 6-6'' cleanouts. on the way back to the shop is a 4'' residential root job.

friday is a residential 4''-6'' root job. c/o installation and camera before and after.

so jetting is a good source of income if you have the clients and the work for it.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                        X