Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1/4" Cable.......

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
    ridgid cat no 34893, I think an auto-spin replacement cable, is pretty wimpy.

I bought a s2, cat no 50652 a couple days a go to see if I like it. it seems too stiff, much like dcd, though I've yet to use it.

I use these just for tubs and showers, so when I say wimpy or stiff, I'm referring to using them in tub traps.

The #50652 is a hollow core cable ?

Comment

yes; hollow core. It's made of larger dia wire than the dcd ones which I think are too stiff, but seems more flexible than the dcd which I wouldn't have predicted. I've not run a drain with it yet, but holding 2'-3' of each sticking out horizontally next to each other the s2 droops a LOT more than the dcd.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        You're related to Bob ?
        Not at all, but everything has it's place. This one is an Erickson. If you don't like the spinner, consider the cable. Erickson Drain Cleaner | Plumbing supplies: Drain augers, drain snakes, pipe cleaners - Gardena, California

Comment

My buddy steve uses the same erickson spinner.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick V View Post
            Not at all, but everything has it's place. This one is an Erickson. If you don't like the spinner, consider the cable. Erickson Drain Cleaner | Plumbing supplies: Drain augers, drain snakes, pipe cleaners - Gardena, California

I just bought 6 Ridgid #14013 cables off eBay for $57.00. They don't seem that bad, if they get a drain open here and there before twisting to all hell I'll be happy

ThanX for the cable tip.

Comment

Working...
            X