X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clean plugged jetter nozzles?

4 or 5 of my jetter nozzles have several ports stopped up and become ineffective. I've tried clearing them with my acetylene tip tool but the ports are too small. What are you all using?

Re: How to clean plugged jetter nozzles?

I was going to suggest the acetelyne cleaner but maybe you could try cutting 1 bristle off a wire brush?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
      Try a pilot orfice drill set.
      Haven't seen one of those in years but aren't they also too big?

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        I was going to suggest the acetelyne cleaner but maybe you could try cutting 1 bristle off a wire brush?

Ha! that's exactly what I thought of too. I tried it and the wire broke off in the nozzle. Ruined a perfectly good nozzle.

Comment

sewing needle.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

bill, are your nozzles stainless steel?

problem with smal jetters are small nozzle orfices. they plug easy and unless you clean them sooner than later, they will cause your jetter nozzle to steer sideways. wearing badly.

the welding supply will have a pin vise that also comes with minature drill bits. try that.

also see if you know a jeweler with an ultrasonic cleaner. the hi frequency cleaner might just break down the grit.

hope you didn't ruin your screwdriver nozzle joey hand delivered to you

rick.
            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 07-03-2011, 10:03 AM.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I've had good luck with the orifice drill bits like themaster suggested. just take the nozzles in to your local hvac supplier and ask for help getting the appropriate size.
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Aqua Mole sells a great cleaner for the nozzles. Aqua Mole Technologies Inc. - Sewer & Drain Cleaning High Pressure Water Nozzle Accessories third one down.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

do you use those much themaster? i've not bought the set because i've never needed them, I just have one of the bits the size of the orifice on my jetter nozzle.
                  No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

BINGO, ULTRASONIC CLEANER !! Thanks Rick . I'm dropping off 2 of My Hand Guns at the pistol range . Also My Little 1/4"
                    jetter jets ! They have one of those Ultra sonic cleaners for Pistols !
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

root canal files... i like .035's

they are the same thing aquamole sells

Ask yr dentist to save used ones for you. I've gotten them from dentist offices where I'm working. Or an online dental supply; some will sell to non dentists, some will not.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

harbor freight $4.99 for 5 mini drills and the pin vise.

if you need one bill, i just picked up a set today

rick.

Mini Drill 6 Piece Precision Drill Set
                        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 07-04-2011, 06:38 PM. Reason: link
                        phoebe it is

Comment

When my Aquamole's become plugged I use a fishing hook woks great!
                          Rod
                          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                          http://unclognh.com
                          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

RIDGID offers a H-21 Nozzle Cleaning Tool. It comes standard with all of our jetters. It has 12 cleaning tips ranging from drill size #49 (.073") to #75 (.021"). The catalog number is 47542.

I'm suprised nobody else mentioned this. I would have guessed almost all of you would have this, or at least something similar. The list price is only $14.50, so it's not like we're talking about a lot of money. I certainly don't use it after every jet job, but I do clean the nozzles out whenever I think about it.

Comment

Working...
                            X