Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luckiest Sewer Cleaner Of The Week Award.....

Goes to me

I'm rodding out a 100' 4" sewer today and I'm coming back out after my second and final finishing run. I pull in 75' and there is the end of the cable, WTF I'm looking at the end in my hand and it looks all good so I'm thinking the pin somehow fell out. Now I'm thinking how the hell did that happen and how the hell to get my 25' section of cable and cutter back out. I take a quick peek down the cleanout and to my absolute amazement the end of my cable is half way up the wye

I simply reached down, pulled it out and exhaled a big breath of relief

I'm going to start replacing my pins every 2 or 3 months I was very lucky this time.

Re: Luckiest Sewer Cleaner Of The Week Award.....

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
    Goes to me

I'm rodding out a 100' 4" sewer today and I'm coming back out after my second and final finishing run. I pull in 75' and there is the end of the cable, WTF I'm looking at the end in my hand and it looks all good so I'm thinking the pin somehow fell out. Now I'm thinking how the hell did that happen and how the hell to get my 25' section of cable and cutter back out. I take a quick peek down the cleanout and to my absolute amazement the end of my cable is half way up the wye

I'm going to start replacing my pins every 2 or 3 months I was very lucky this time.

you got very lucky.
    Last edited by appletondrain; 07-08-2011, 10:26 AM. Reason: i must have put in a text to my wife in the post. as well as my response
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
      You could have retrieved it but what a pain in the butt. Glad it was right there.

I'm the luckiest plumber.....I was given a tractor with front loader and backhoe today. Yippie!!!!
      Need pictures,
      Have a big massey, 8 ton, with Hoe
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
        You could have retrieved it but what a pain in the butt. Glad it was right there.

I'm the luckiest plumber.....I was given a tractor with front loader and backhoe today. Yippie!!!!
        I have a pick and a shovel hows that

Tony

Comment

I carry a couple dozen roll pins inmy truck. Mostly for when one goes flying when I try to change out cables or cutters, but also to change them when they get worn. If you did lose the cable forther out the retraiver will grab it easy enough.
          Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
          Goes to me

Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
          X