X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/4 IC Cable`s WTH????

OK, we got cutters falling off left and right. What gives here? Pin still locked on the cable and 2 month old cutters falling off. Cables are not old either. Sounds like the hardening is not going deep enough to last very long on the cable ends and the cutter ends.
    Am I the only one having trouble?
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: 3/4 IC Cable`s WTH????

Punch pin or the Ridgid screw driver female end? I found that when the male adapter wobbles in the female ends its time to replace the female end or risk losing the cutter.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      Punch pin or the Ridgid screw driver female end? I found that when the male adapter wobbles in the female ends its time to replace the female end or risk losing the cutter.

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      We run 125` of the ridgid 3/4 IC cable in all of our K-7500. I`m looking for a change if theres something better.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Ridgid screw driver female end.
        I know it`s time to replace em, but why so soon???? if I have to replace everything every 2 months then it`s gonna be time to go with something else.
        You gotta remember, I`m not a first time K-7500 user I`m the Drum King....right Ricky
        Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 07-06-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          Ridgid screw driver female end.
          I know it`s time to replace em, but why so soon???? if I have to replace everything every 2 months then it`s gonna be time to go with something else.
          What changes have you noticed? I mean how long were things lasting in the past with daily use versus what you're seeing now? Any different operators?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

When my old man tells me to get Ridgid cable, the first thing I do is chop off the screw driver ends and put on punch pin ends.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Change on my end...are you kidding me??? I aint broken, so I never change....lol
              The change is on their end and I aint liking it at all.
              Same people running em me and my helper.
              Yea when I run thing I dont have the problems he does but he`s been at it 2 years now so I dont see him changing. these new cables went to **** in about 2 months. Cutters about the same 2 months and the bolt is shot. to me I`m gonna say they are to soft!
              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 07-06-2011, 08:20 PM.

Comment

my cable's over a year old now, still have the original ends on, I use it 5-10 times a week. only wear I'm really seeing is in an area where I got bent up in a root ball so the bend is wearing unevenly.
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                  When my old man tells me to get Ridgid cable, the first thing I do is chop off the screw driver ends and put on punch pin ends.
                  Just pop the backside of the screw out and drill it out to receive the roll pin. No chopping needed.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Could you post some pictures please. I am not familiar with those connections. I run Ridgid sectional cables and heads and never have had a head snap off...Well except for a 5/16" drop head ran in the drum adapter with the k60
                    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X