X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sectional Challenge

I challenge any sectional user to post a video on YouTube showing their cable "spun dry" and "clean" after running a galvanized kitchen sink line. No setups please. Just an honest showing of it being done.

I've never done it myself and want to see what I'm doing wrong. I've already put the trap back on, ran water, soaped, ran water before even reading it here.

Never comes back "spun dry and clean" in my opinion.

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Sectional Challenge

You know someone will probably just FABRICATE something..........

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

want to see what I'm doing wrong.

J.C.

You're not using a drum machine

Comment

I still use drums for everything. galvanized kitchen sink lines are a ***** and moan fest. best case is a roof vent with only 1 or 2 90's in it. then i'm slinging it all over their roof rather than their kitchen.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
          I still use drums for everything.

Bless your heart

Comment

I'm always flinging grease when I pull my cable back on a kitchen sink line. Thank god for the drum on the k-50, as the mess is then contained in the sink base only.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              I'm always flinging grease when I pull my cable back on a kitchen sink line. Thank god for the drum on the k-50, as the mess is then contained in the sink base only.
              Heck, I'm usually slinging the black-doom-juice on most galvanized sink lines when the trap is pulled. Not just kitchen sinks.

J.C.

Comment

Heck, I'm usually slinging the black-doom-juice on most galvanized sink lines when the trap is pulled. Not just kitchen sinks.

J.C.
                I hate pulling the last part of the cable out, as the end just "flings" crap everywhere.

Comment

I usually have some different size buckets and containers to put under the lip of the pipe. That helps alot. For some reason, I run into kitchen stubouts often that are backpitched by those "real craftsmen" that leaded and screwed.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
                    I try to hold a rag wrapped around the cable and the drain opening and pull the cable back through the rag befo I slide it back into the drum. It helps some. That black goo is the some nasty stuff the more you wipe the shiot up the more it spreads out. I'll also line the cabinet with some old newspaper. When I done just roll it up and toss it.

Which machine are you using on sinks ?

Comment

I challenge any sectional user to post a video on YouTube showing their cable "spun dry" and "clean" after running a galvanized kitchen sink line. No setups please. Just an honest showing of it being done.

I've never done it myself and want to see what I'm doing wrong. I've already put the trap back on, ran water, soaped, ran water before even reading it here.

Never comes back "spun dry and clean" in my opinion.

Thanks.

J.C.
                      I don't know that I have ever seen one spun "dry" but because of the open wind they don't hold much water. The majority of the kitchen drains out here are on exterior walls with an exterior cleanout. When I am snaking a kitchen line I fill the line up to the cleanout while I am snaking. The minute it clears I turn the hot water on and continue snaking the drain. If I have a kitchen in the middle of the house that is nasty I set my cage on a drop cloth under the sink and feed the cable straight into the cage. There is no more cable exposed this way then if I am using a drum. The exception of course is with using a front guide hose with a K-50.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I had a k-50 snatched out from under me on craigslist last week. $150 and I called ten minutes too late.
                        for that price i'll give a sectional a shot.

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                        Bless your heart
                        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

What is that black crap you only get from galvanized lines? Man is it aweful. Just like master said.

I bet If I built a contraption to have the water running when I pulled the cable back and could keep the cable spinning it might come out clean. Wet but clean.

That 5/8 open wind sure does hold the gunk.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            I don't know that I have ever seen one spun "dry" but because of the open wind they don't hold much water. The majority of the kitchen drains out here are on exterior walls with an exterior cleanout. When I am snaking a kitchen line I fill the line up to the cleanout while I am snaking. The minute it clears I turn the hot water on and continue snaking the drain. If I have a kitchen in the middle of the house that is nasty I set my cage on a drop cloth under the sink and feed the cable straight into the cage. There is no more cable exposed this way then if I am using a drum. The exception of course is with using a front guide hose with a K-50.

Mark
                            99.9% of the time there will never be an accessible cleanout on a galvanized/cast iron DWV system here.

More than once, some have stated that their sectionals come back "clean and spun dry" for the most part. I want to see it.

J.C.

Comment

Mine come back clean and dry for the most part.......On a cleared side sewer! But not on a kitchen line they come back with grease on them even if I run hot water though I think it could be done but I don't have time to sit there trying to make it happen.
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                              X