Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Model C.....

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
    OK I'm going to have to comment here. Why in Gods name would he fold the machine up from and outside clean out then pick it up and carry to to his car? It has wheels just roll it to the car or am I just that dam lazy?

Cause he's a tough guy & he doesn't want to take a chance of getting dog poo on his wheels

Comment

A couple of years ago, I was sitting in traffic watching 2 plumbers using the General version of this rodding machine. What are the benefits of using this machine versus the others?

Comment

didn't watch the video, but the feed tool is used to cock inside the edge of the c/o. you extend the switch so that the machine is 8-10'away/ 1 cable length and cock the tool to act as the nut with the cable as the screw. this is only used on a tight turn or stoppage. typically the cable will already catch an edge on the pipe and thread its way in.

the 4' cable will usually work instead of the feeder tool. i also use it sometimes with the timberwolf with a tight turn.

the general 82/ 88 is pretty much identical to the eel c.

these work on the push/ lawn mower principal with no real hand feeding the cables.

i've only used mine outdoors as the cable is dragging on the ground. yet the with the same cable setup and a timberwolf, i've worked indoors while keeping the cable taunt and off the ground. plus for overheads, the drill is the bomb.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
          Have a part# for that ?

I will have to get you that number, it's not in the catalog.
          Will Rogers Plumbing
          Moore, Oklahoma
          (
          405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
          http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

For me the reaseon I like it is because it works. The power is unmatched(drill, 1500, or 1065). The ease of use is unmatched, it's not faster, but you wont work as hard in the time it takes to clear the blockage. Sometimes I don't even break a sweat after multiple runs. The machine(Model C, can't speak for the General that Rick has) is simple in design and will give you years, of years of maintenance free service life(no rusted drums, worn out jaw sets, belts etc). The Cable is of a higher quality then the cable you will find in a drum unit or Ridgid sectional. The machine stays clean and gunk free. The cutters are of the highest quality I have ever seen. It's just a top notch machine.

I have cleaned many lines that other plumbers/drain cleaners in the area could not clear or have walked away from with my Model C. Most around here use 1500 or drums. I like the Model C because it doesn't let me down. I was a hardcore Spartan fan, but the Model C has converted me to an Electric Eel fan. For a sectional, I feel there is no match. I prefer to attach the cable to the front of the machine vs feeding it through the unit. Plus I like standing vs kneeling over(I have back problems and the Model C is easier on my back)

I've had a lot of people give me compliments on the Model C. They say it's "professional", "cool", and many more. To me it boils down to this with the Model C.

1. It works. If the line can be cleared, the Model C is going to do it. You will never have to walk away
            2. Little to no maintenance
            3. Adjustable clutch for the toughest stoppages to the job where you you don't need as much
            4. Flipping of cables is impossible unless your stupid
            5. Easy to wheel around, not heavy or awkward
            6. No rust(drum or cables)
            7. awesome cutters
            8. Unique and sets you apart from your competitors
            9. Expensive upfront, cheap in the long run because of no maintenance and longevity of cables

I could go on and on. I have alot of respect for the Model C. It's my favorite machine. Like others here like the K60 or the 300, to me and my area(6" sewers) the Model C is my go to machine that has never let me down,
            Last edited by Will Rogers Plumbing; 07-11-2011, 05:40 AM.
            Will Rogers Plumbing
            Moore, Oklahoma
            (
            405) 323-2852

Comment

Good stuff Will.

I never used one of these machines before, and to me it just always seemed that it would be hard to use.

I have lawn traps here, so I wonder what affect that would have on this machine.

Comment

The feeder tool will get you through a 4" building trap if your using the 1.25" standard cable(1/2" inner). The heavy duty(5/8" inner wont go through.) You can get the J-Cable(7/8" cable) to go through 3" p-traps.
                Will Rogers Plumbing
                Moore, Oklahoma
                (
                405) 323-2852

Comment

We use the feeding tool to get the rod started through a floor drain. Other than that the machine pretty much self feeds through the whole line. This was the machine I first solo'ed with.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  Ron's Facebook
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I had the chance to use the c machine at a friends house on the day after Christmas a few years ago
                    rented from H. D. had to run from inside a basement laundry room clean out, that had a washer/dryer on one
                    wall and a large chest freezer on the other wall i had two young boys helping me !
                    one to walk behind the machine and pull it backwards when ever i had to add a new section of cable
                    and the older boy to seat on the freezer to work the foot pedal when running machine all while i was running
                    the cable down the line,

I FOUND OUT SOMETHING THAT DAY I DON'T LIKE SECTIONAL MACHINES ! ! !

GIVE ME A DRUM MACHINE ANY DAY OF THE WEEK ! ! !

JERRYMAC
                    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

jerry the problem is you didn't have a person show you how to properly use the machine.

there is not 1 machine i own that takes a second person to run. that includes me trailer jetter to my pipe bursting machine and all my sectionals in between.

the foot switch is on the handle bars on the eel and general 82/88.

how hard is it to roll a machine back 8-10' with wheels that weighs under 80#

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

How come you don't get the 1065...? Is that right...1065....? I would have thought since you have good luck with the 300 you would just stick with drums and get the bigger brother....just was thinking about this...hopefully you didn't already say and I just missed it!
                        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

The drawl for the Drill and Eel and the power of the Model C was too much for AssTyme to pass up.
                          Will Rogers Plumbing
                          Moore, Oklahoma
                          (
                          405) 323-2852

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                            The drawl for the Drill and Eel and the power of the Model C was too much for AssTyme to pass up.
                            LOL...don't forget the weight factor....

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                              How come you don't get the 1065...? Is that right...1065....? I would have thought since you have good luck with the 300 you would just stick with drums and get the bigger brother....just was thinking about this...hopefully you didn't already say and I just missed it!

Too heavy for my likes as 95% of my jobs are in basements. My 300 with 107' of .55 magnum is only 160lbs and gets most jobs done in a breeze.

Comment

So what do you suppose the 1065 loaded would way? Would it be that much more?

Derek

Comment

Working...
                                X