Model C.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Model C.....

I will be ordering in the morning. Hope I didn't forget anything.

1 - # 3101400
    6 - # 8DC
    1 - # 4DC
    1 - # SC-12
    1 - # SC-16
    1 - # SC-1
    1 - # HDD-3S
    1 - # HDD-5S

Comment

So your only getting (6) 8' sections? And (1) 4' section? That's only 52'. Your gonna want more cable than that.

SC-14A is the part you will want to hook it up to your Drill. That's the only part you will need. Should be around 20 bucks.

3101400-What is this?
      Will Rogers Plumbing
      Moore, Oklahoma
      (
      405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
        So your only getting (6) 8' sections? And (1) 4' section? That's only 52'. Your gonna want more cable than that.

SC-14A is the part you will want to hook it up to your Drill. That's the only part you will need. Should be around 20 bucks.

3101400-What is this?

I thought SC-12 was the shaft that hooks the drill to the cable ?

3101400 is the Model C kit that comes with 13 8' sections of cable and a cutter package.

Comment

After looking at this looks like I need SC-10 too ? I already faxed my order in :/

http://www.electriceel.com/pdfs/MODCDCM.PDF

Comment

I just talked to a guy at industromart. He says there is no SC14A. He says I would need SC-10 & SC-12 but by using those two parts it would be a death wish as they could easily come undone unless they were welded together. Does the shaft also need to be cut down to length ?

I cancelled my order until I get this straightened out
            Last edited by AssTyme; 07-14-2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

very simple. just order the front coupling and it's either a 1/2'' drive or 5/8'' drive shaft that fits the coupling.

get a grade 5- 1/2'' or 5/8'' bolt approx 4'' long that's not threaded at this spot. so it's going to be approx 6'' long.

use a grinder to grind/ mill 3 even flats onto the smooth shaft spaced evenly that will allow the drill chuck to grip and not slip. simple task with a mill. but a dremel will also work good.

insert the smooth end into the coupler and then either weld or pin the bolt shaft to the coupler.

i did this with my general 4 years ago and it's only a shear pin. has never slipped in the chuck or the shaft.

whole project time is under 30 minutes with basic tools. 10 minutes with a mill.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

AJ Coleman stocks the "drill adapter" or so I was told by Marvin a few months ago

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                  AJ Coleman stocks the "drill adapter" or so I was told by Marvin a few months ago
                  He sure does, I saw it in the drawer with all the Eel cutters last time I was there. He stocks every type of Eel cable and cutter there is as well. He even has some Eel cutters I never seen in the catalog.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                    He sure does, I saw it in the drawer with all the Eel cutters last time I was there. He stocks every type of Eel cable and cutter there is as well. He even has some Eel cutters I never seen in the catalog.
                    AJC really needs to beef of their web site with photo's and inventory lists of all they have for us guy's who can't get to AJC and see those odd ball thing we would not think of and say OH I need that.
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
                    X