X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model C.....

I will be ordering a Eel model C soon. I don't see me going any further than 150', 6" max diameter. Will the 1/2 horsepower motor be ok or should I bump up to the 3/4 horse ?

I know it would be cool to have as many cutters as possible but will the standard cutter package be enough ?

Anyone ever mess with the torque setting for the clutch ? Should I order the "Torque Wrench Adapter", SC-16 ?

Will I need more than one 4' section ?

Electric Eel C Machine

Re: Model C.....

I have the 3/4 hp unit. I'm glad I went that route. Never know when your going to need that extra bit of power, and for only 75 bucks more than the 1/2 hp model, it's a no brainer. I adjust my clutch all the time. I would go on and order the one Eel sales plus the adapter for it.
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      I will be ordering a Eel model C soon. I don't see me going any further than 150', 6" max diameter. Will the 1/2 horsepower motor be ok or should I bump up to the 3/4 horse ?

I know it would be cool to have as many cutters as possible but will the standard cutter package be enough ?

Anyone ever mess with the torque setting for the clutch ? Should I order the "Torque Wrench Adapter", SC-16 ?

Will I need more than one 4' section ?

Electric Eel C Machine
      AssTyme, I run the eel with a 1/2 HP drill and it does fine but if I was ordering the model C I would get the 3/4 HP
      I would recommend the expander and sludge buster blades in the future.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

What size are your sewers and what length on average?
        Will Rogers Plumbing
        Moore, Oklahoma
        (
        405) 323-2852

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
          What size are your sewers and what length on average?

I don't plan on anything over 6" and 150' long. My 300 takes care of 98% of my 4" lines and most 6" lines. This will be used on the nasty root jobs.
          Last edited by AssTyme; 07-10-2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

So every once is a blue moon you come across a sewer you can't get open with your current set up? Or you just take a lot more time and energy to get it working?
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

If you do mostly 6" sewers under 150' than the 3/4 hp or the 1/2 hp will work just fine. If your going to go over 150' than the 3/4 hp or the 1 hp would be the better choice. I think you will fine that once you get your Model C you wont be using your 300 98% of the time anymore. Get the 3/4 hp you won't regret it. I use nothing but 8' sections with the Model C. The 4' sections come in handy if your going to use the drill. You shouldn't need more than 1 or 2 of the 4' sections.
              Will Rogers Plumbing
              Moore, Oklahoma
              (
              405) 323-2852

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                So every once is a blue moon you come across a sewer you can't get open with your current set up? Or you just take a lot more time and energy to get it working?

It just takes too long on the tough root jobs in 6" lines. Also more difficult on tough blockages such as lines packed full of wipes over 100'.

Comment

the general model 88 or older model 82 is basically the same machine. you can get the eel cable ends or the general ends. i use the general 10' innercore sections for the 82 and also my timberwolf. i have 2-4' sections and when you hit a nasty stoppage or clean out opening, being 4' away instead of 10' away is much safer and more power to the cable.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Will the cutters pictured below get me by for awhile ? Any one other than the 4x6 expanding that I should add to order ?

Damn things are $$$. Are the blades replaceable on the C cutters ?

Last edited by AssTyme; 07-10-2011, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Will the cutters pictured below get me by for awhile ? Any one other than the 4x6 expanding that I should add to order ?

Damn things are $$$. Are the blades replaceable on the C cutters ?

Get the 3 inch spiral cutter it's a must have think it's the HDD-3S. The Expander is worth every penny when you can buy it. Oh get like two more spanner wrenches just in case their only like $5.00
                      Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I got the standard cutters you mentioned, but I have also added a 4"x6" expander cutter, HDD-3S(just like HDD-4S, but for 3" pipe), HDD-4S-P(sludge pusher), HDD-5S-P(sludge pusher), A-2-3DC (3" spear), Flexible Spring for any cutter attachment, I also ordered a 4" Sand Auger for storm sewers and culverts. I'm sure I'm leaving some off.

I'd say get the standard kit, and maybe the HDD-3S and the HDD-5S. The 4" x 6" is pretty pricing and you can get those two cutters to do almost the same thing for less than a 100 bucks. Maybe get the A-2-3DC(3" spear). Eel has the best spear heads I've ever used.
                        Will Rogers Plumbing
                        Moore, Oklahoma
                        (
                        405) 323-2852

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                          I got the standard cutters you mentioned, but I have also added a 4"x6" expander cutter, HDD-3S(just like HDD-4S, but for 3" pipe), HDD-4S-P(sludge pusher), HDD-5S-P(sludge pusher), A-2-3DC (3" spear), Flexible Spring for any cutter attachment, I also ordered a 4" Sand Auger for storm sewers and culverts. I'm sure I'm leaving some off.

I'd say get the standard kit, and maybe the HDD-3S and the HDD-5S. The 4" x 6" is pretty pricing and you can get those two cutters to do almost the same thing for less than a 100 bucks. Maybe get the A-2-3DC(3" spear). Eel has the best spear heads I've ever used.

Have a part# for that ?

Comment

Is that how the "feeding tool" is supposed to be used ?

Comment

Is that how the "feeding tool" is supposed to be used ?

OK I'm going to have to comment here. Why in Gods name would he fold the machine up from and outside clean out then pick it up and carry to to his car? It has wheels just roll it to the car or am I just that dam lazy?
                              Rod

Comment

Working...
                              X