X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop Head Cables.....

Are the Ridgid brand drop head cables durable ? I'm talking about the end not the cable.

What about these, how are they attached and do they stay attached ?

PERMANENT DROP HEAD FOR DRAIN CABLES

The reason I'm asking is I have a K-39AF with 50' of 5/16" cable with a bulb head, #8 fitting on the end and a drop head. I only use this setup on back to back fixtures. On my last two cables the #8 fitting has snapped off the bulb head after the 2nd or 3rd light duty use (crappy weld). Both times the customer was watching, REALLY pizzed me off today in the 100+ heat. After that I ended up cutting the bulb off, bent the end and finally got it to drop after 10 minutes of messing around. I won't be buying anymore 5/16" bulb head cables from that supplier any longer so I need a new fix for my drop head gun.

Re: Drop Head Cables.....

I'm hoping these PERMANENT DROP HEAD FOR DRAIN CABLES will work as I now have 2 almost brand new 50' 5/16" cables that I could put these on.

Comment

a drop head cable puts a lot of stress at the connector as the swivel joint tends to get caught on tight turn 90's/ durham 90's. i've also had them break off as the pin and the weld.

my 5/8'' reverse auger with a good bend is never going to break or fail. plus you can aim it the direction you want to go with a vise grip attached a couple feet back. this allows you to hand turn it with the handle of the vise grip inline with the offset so you know up from down.

never fails and never breaks.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        I'm hoping these PERMANENT DROP HEAD FOR DRAIN CABLES will work as I now have 2 almost brand new 50' 5/16" cables that I could put these on.
        your weld is the weakest link. they will fail, guaranteed

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

well, i went to drain cables direct. Good price for the 5/16" drop head $7.25 . With shipping and their under $20 penalty it
          went to $27.06 delivered! I just won't do that for a $7.25 part ! think Marv will do better , Mon? For My super vee
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Can't beat MARVIN AT COLEMAN ! "No, drop heads break off at the weld! Go up to 1/4" on the super vee with the fixed bulb ! "
            Good price,good advice! One question, is Marvin Plumber Rick's DAD! HAS TO BE! !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              Can't beat MARVIN AT COLEMAN ! "No, drop heads break off at the weld! Go up to 1/4" on the super vee with the fixed bulb ! "
              Good price,good advice! One question, is Marvin Plumber Rick's DAD! HAS TO BE! !

You didn't get the drop head because Marvin told you they break at the weld ? You instead purchased a 1/4" general cable with a fixed bulb head ?

Drop heads are so much easier/faster to work with if they wouldn't break.

Comment

Remember, I only play with the machines now and then. You make a living daily with them. Maybe i should take up a guitar!
                A Guys gotta be sick to chase turds for a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                X