X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprised..........

I had a call today for a main line blockage. Late 1800's home with a sewer that ran out the back side and down the driveway. The cleanout was 4 1/2 feet off the floor and behind a couple of wooden permanent shelves, 6" clay after foundation. Home was packed and filthy with around 10-15 cats.

I'm big time allergic to cats and figured I'd be there awhile as the sewer setup wasn't in my favor so I called my local drain cleaning buddy that runs a K-1500 and asked him if he wants a job. He called me after finishing the job to thank me and said he had talked to the owner about the different ways of tackling the problem. He ended up opening the line through the 3" floor drain with his 1500. I was really surprised the 1.25" heavy duty DCD cable went through the floor drain trap

Re: Surprised..........

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
    I had a call today for a main line blockage. Late 1800's home with a sewer that ran out the back side and down the driveway. The cleanout was 4 1/2 feet off the floor and behind a couple of wooden permanent shelves, 6" clay after foundation. Home was packed and filthy with around 10-15 cats.

I'm big time allergic to cats and figured I'd be there awhile as the sewer setup wasn't in my favor so I called my local drain cleaning buddy that runs a K-1500 and asked him if he wants a job. He called me after finishing the job to thank me and said he had talked to the owner about the different ways of tackling the problem. He ended up opening the line through the 3" floor drain with his 1500. I was really surprised the 1.25" heavy duty DCD cable went through the floor drain trap
    Welcome to the world of sectionals.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Welcome to the world of sectionals.

Mark

ThanX !

I hope to receive my Model C by this Friday although I doubt the 1.25" eel cable will go through that drain 3" floor drain.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        ThanX !

I hope to receive my Model C by this Friday although I doubt the 1.25" eel cable will go through that drain 3" floor drain.
        Yeah that is a pretty beffy cable. One of the things that really sold me on sectionals was the first time I ran a 5/8" cable though a 1 1/2" Durham trap.

Mark
        Last edited by ToUtahNow; 07-20-2011, 07:33 PM.
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Here clearing or attempting to clear a sewer through a trap of any kind/size is unacceptable and against code..
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
            Here clearing or attempting to clear a sewer through a trap of any kind/size is unacceptable and against code..

Like I said that house was a total mess and I didn't want to deal with it or his cats so I gave it away. I'm sure my friend offered an option for the correct way but the home owner cheesed out.

Personally I would not have gave him that option.
            Last edited by AssTyme; 07-20-2011, 07:46 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
              Here clearing or attempting to clear a sewer through a trap is just stupid and improper.....don't know if there is a code about it....interesting....
              Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
              You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                Here clearing or attempting to clear a sewer through a trap is just stupid and improper.....don't know if there is a code about it....interesting....

I agree. I knew the correct way and didn't want to deal with it. It's better to walk away than to do it incorrectly.

Comment

Clearing a line through a P-trap improper? Yes. Against code? No. Since when did drain cleaning have anything to do with code?
                  Will Rogers Plumbing
                  Moore, Oklahoma
                  (
                  405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                  http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

http://www.wsscwater.com/file/System...uelGasCode.pdf

Yes believe it or not there are codes for drain cleaning. Pg.16

Comment

looks like your area has it going on. Be nice to have a code in my area for clogged sewers.
                      Will Rogers Plumbing
                      Moore, Oklahoma
                      (
                      405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Yeah they have their ducks in a row..Trust me you DO NOT want to go out and not relieve a stoppage ON property and mistake it for a stoppage that is OFF property..backcharge city

Comment

i once cleared a roof drain. condensate drain with my 7/8'' k-60 that turned out to be 2'' with a trap

had to remove drop ceiling tile to get my cable back. the male female coupling made it through the trap, but it didn't want to come back out.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Yep..it happens

Comment

I run my snake down lawn traps (aka building trap) all the time if need be. Why is that stupid?

Most of the time I get it with a trap plunger.

Comment

Working...
                              X