Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's Official....

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
    I see Spartan feed bearings in the picture. If you wore out your feed bearings on the 300 already you are over tightening the feed. The way I do it is I tighten the feed down while the rod is spinning and once it starts to feed just tighten it a half turn more. As for the Eel Model C, you will like it a lot once you get the hang of it. Surprised Marv didn't give you the best price on the setup you got.

You are correct it's my spare power feed for my 300 machine. I swap it out every 4 months or so and can take my time rebuilding it The OEM bearings lasted several months before I replaced them with bearings I bought off E-Bay (a roll) for about $2.00 each. These seem to be holding up better or maybe it's because I've learned how to run the feed tension better ???

Comment

Take the time to learn the Model C. It's not like any other drain cleaning machine(except the 82/88 by General Wire), and there is no better set up or machine to spin cable. The machine itself is bullet proof, there is just not much you can wear out on it. The cables are expensive, but as long as you don't get crazy with them, then they will last, a long, long, time. They will hold up better than any cable you will find in a drum. So in the long run they are cheaper. The self feeding action of the cable is no myth, you can unwind the switch and push the button and not even hold onto the machine and the cable will pull the cable and the Model C toward the clean out at a good pace. The Model C is the ultimate drain cleaner for pipes 4" and above. And since you have the drill too, there won't be many sewers you can't clear(unless they have something wrong with them) then they need to be dug up and replaced. Welcome to the big leagues Asstyme!
      Will Rogers Plumbing
      Moore, Oklahoma
      (
      405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Looks like a solid machine

Comment

Just loaded up some cable. Each 8' section weighs 8.5lbs. Going to carry 40' in each carrier and see how that goes. I only bought 2 cable carriers so I'm going to have to get some rear motorcycle tires soon and see which type carrier I prefer.
          Last edited by AssTyme; 07-23-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
            It's set at 100 lbs of torque. You can adjust it by tightening the two slotted screws on the clutch. Careful though it's super sensitive. Did you get the torque wrench?

100 inch pounds of torque. Now I'm going to have to get me a inch/lbs torque wrench. It's always something....

How often does the clutch slip at the 100 inch pound setting ?

Comment

I like that set up. i have a few to many over head cleanouts to go that route though. I think my next sectional will have to be a drill.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                I like that set up. i have a few to many over head cleanouts to go that route though. I think my next sectional will have to be a drill.

What machine are you using for overheads now ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  Just loaded up some cable. Each 8' section weighs 8.5lbs. Going to carry 40' in each carrier and see how that goes. I only bought 2 cable carriers so I'm going to have to get some rear motorcycle tires soon and see which type carrier I prefer.
                  My Victory Hammer had a 250mm rear tire. I imagine you could carry a bunch of cables with that.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    My Victory Hammer had a 250mm rear tire. I imagine you could carry a bunch of cables with that.

Mark

The local Harley dealer lets me go through their junk tire pile. They usually have 50 - 100 to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                      What machine are you using for overheads now ?
                      \
                      Sled style machine. I put the front on a bucket or just stand the machine straight up. I'll use a pipe sometimes to run the cable through.

do you think that eel set up will work for over head cleanouts?

Let me know.

Comment

\
                        Sled style machine. I put the front on a bucket or just stand the machine straight up. I'll use a pipe sometimes to run the cable through.

Let me know.

I haven't used it yet so I cannot give an opinion. I finally got it all loaded into my van today. I gotta stop buying stuff van is getting crowded

Comment

I think I'm going to roll with 2 cable carriers and 2 tires. I love how they stack/fit inside one another, they will not fall over. The eel cable carriers do not stack at all without sliding off one another

The tires are 160/70/17, weigh 10lbs each and hold 40' of cable no problems. Drilled a 1/2" hole for drainage. I also like how they roll

Comment

\

Let me know.
                            Yes it will. The Eel Model C was the first machine I solo'ed with. For a while it was the only main line machine on my truck. Then I got bored and switched to a different machine.
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            Ron's Facebook
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                              Yes it will. The Eel Model C was the first machine I solo'ed with. For a while it was the only main line machine on my truck. Then I got bored and switched to a different machine.

You used the drill or Model C to drive the Eel cable in overheads ?

Comment

Always the Model C, never owned the drill set up.
                                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                                Ron's Facebook
                                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                                X