Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's Official....

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
    Always the Model C, never owned the drill set up.

You also used a guide pipe to assist ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      I haven't used it yet so I cannot give an opinion. I finally got it all loaded into my van today. I gotta stop buying stuff van is getting crowded

Maybe take two of those K39's off the truck and you might have some more room?

I can't say if the Model C will work on an over head clean out, I've never seen an overhead clean out(not many basements here). I think the Drill and Eel would work great on them though. Model C should do fine too, might be awkward though.
      Will Rogers Plumbing
      Moore, Oklahoma
      (
      405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
        Maybe take two of those K39's off the truck and you might have some more room?

I can't say if the Model C will work on an over head clean out, I've never seen an overhead clean out(not many basements here). I think the Drill and Eel would work great on them though. Model C should do fine too, might be awkward though.

No can do, that would only leave me with one K-39AF and one K-45AF.

Comment

No can do, that would only leave me with one K-39AF and one K-45AF.

Hoarder!!!
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
            Hoarder!!!

I also have 2 brand new K-45AF's still in the box

I'm sick !!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol !!!

Comment

I have run the drill and eel on many over heads many times trick is to shove enough cable in so when you start drilling the cable don't slip back.
              Also had many septic lines with clean outs high up on the foundation wall just gab a few sections and done.
              Rod
              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
              http://unclognh.com
              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I think I'm going to roll with 2 cable carriers and 2 tires. I love how they stack/fit inside one another, they will not fall over. The eel cable carriers do not stack at all without sliding off one another

The tires are 160/70/17, weigh 10lbs each and hold 40' of cable no problems. Drilled a 1/2" hole for drainage. I also like how they roll

Wow I never seen the inside of your van before!

Wow I never seen the inside of your van before!
                Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

If most the houses here didn't have cl outs out side ,and we had basements, and lots of stairs , i would end up a sectional guy too

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                    If most the houses here didn't have cl outs out side ,and we had basements, and lots of stairs , i would end up a sectional guy too

95% of my main lines are in basements so I didn't want a drum weighing more than my 300. I plan on using the Model C in basements too.

We'll see how it goes............

Comment

I also have 2 brand new K-45AF's still in the box

I'm sick !!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol !!!

Yeah but its a good thing.....I just never thought I would see the day you running a sectional..........you make us proud
                      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

overheads are easily done with the drill. as mentioned, make sure to have enough cable in to help thread and not pull back. i once got smacked with my 4x6'' expanding cutters while joey was watching

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

I would love a demo of the drill set up..I am still thinking you guys are nuts
                          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                            I would love a demo of the drill set up..I am still thinking you guys are nuts
                            Here you go

Rod

Comment

rod, i think all you're missing is 2 soup cans and a string especially with the drill running.

i do dig the reflection in the monitor of you watching the process

the drill set up is getting the feel of the drill and cable. how far you can torque it up before it twist.

with all the drilling i've done, i've only been knocked 1 time and that was with joey watching on

i can run cable stretched out 30' and looped around me 180 degrees. it's all in your comfort level and your experience and feel with the cable and drill.

you need to listen and feel and get hands on experience before you start experimenting with the different tricks of drilling.

also 300 rpm seems to be the right combination.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Lol Rick you like my low tech? It's still 1980 in my area! Think the most I had running outside the drain was around 72 feet in a parking lot with a very rare outside clean out at a bank.
                                Like Rick said feel and listening to the drill is everything I know just when to say when before it flips. the drill and eel is nothing short of awesome 17+ years the cable has never hit me or bit me.
                                Rod

Comment

Working...
                                X