Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 1/4 cable C-11 unhappy for my K 1500

Hello again,

I have a question, I have just bought a Rothenberger R-80 it is like the K -1500.

I have bought alos the standard cable C-11 1/ 1/4 but I am unhappy usind it in 8" to 10" drainpipes.

It is a little bit to flexible for me, have somebody the same opinion or have the standart cable run Ok in this pipe dimension ?

Thank you.

Re: 1 1/4 cable C-11 unhappy for my K 1500

I would think you would want to be running the 1.25" cable with the 1/2" or 5/8" inner core.

Comment

the c-12 extra heavy duty wind cable is much stiffer.

8-10'' pipe is large bore. is it manhole to manhole. no turns? a rodder would be a better choice then.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Hello Rick,

Ok, usully it is 8" drain but could be also 10" drain.

Normaly a straight way, no corners.

What is a Rodder machine ?

Comment

This is a example of one mfg's rodder
          JERRYMAC
          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Hello,

I can not see the picture.

For what is really the Red Plastic in the Cable ?

Is it only for the dirty or did it give also more stability?

Comment

K-1000 Rodder Machine - RIDGID Professional Tools

Comment

If you want a stifer cable try c-14 its a heavy duty with a 1/2" pitch it is stiffer then c-12 and cheaper . There was a c-13 with a 3/4 pitch but it was discontinued we still have a few left marvin

Comment

Originally posted by rod man View Post
                  If you want a stifer cable try c-14 its a heavy duty with a 1/2" pitch it is stiffer then c-12 and cheaper . There was a c-13 with a 3/4 pitch but it was discontinued we still have a few left marvin

How does this HD 1/2" pitch cable compare with the 1/2" and 5/8" inner core cable ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                    How does this HD 1/2" pitch cable compare with the 1/2" and 5/8" inner core cable ?

Nobody has ran both and can give an opinion ?

Comment

As I mentioned on the other forum, the C-14 is much stiffer than an innercore eel or general cable. It is great on straight runs or just a few turns. I use the C-14's predominantly on 6" clay lines 100'+ from a catch basin (residential outdoor grease trap in chicago).

You can put more torque on the eel cables, but that doesn't mean you can't kink them. If a had a nickel for every time I saw someone at the rental house or HD rental trying to explain what happened to the kinked eel cable in his hands, then I'd be a rich man. I have only ever kinked 1 C-14 and it was from a 6" PVC cleanout on a vent tee and I wasn't paying attention and the cable doubled back up stream.

The eel cable ends are welded to the innercore as i understand it. the ridgid ends are welded to the spring (no innercore obviously). they are both the same outside diameter, but not exactly a true apples to apples comparison as they are designed to function differently. Kinda like a "granny smith" to "red delicious" comparison

In my mind, stiffer is better....less chance of flipping the cable, but in the end it really depends on your "style" of rodding. Remember the "fishing" analogy?

To my knowledge, there is no (safe) way to run a Ridgid 15' cable with the eel or a drill.
                      The eel cables can be run in Ridgid machines though....ask JH, he has the most experience.

Your buddy has a 1500 right? with DCD extra heavy duty cables (same as C-14)? Why not try running your eel cables through his machine just for giggles and see for yourself?!

have fun

-Chris
                      Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 08-05-2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X