X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K400

Is this a good machine for medium duty drain cleaning?
    $500.00 new,good investment?

Re: K400

i would pass and get a k-50 for more money, but a machine that willdo a whole lot more than a 400.

the 400 is a 3/8''-1/2'' drum machine.

the k-50 is a sectional machine that will run 5/16'' cable. 3/8'' cable and 5/8'' sectional cable. the 5/8'' sectional will easily clean what the 400 can't.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

If you want a good drum machine for 1 1/2 to 4" drains I would go with the K-3800 over the K-400 Also at $500, its a bit over priced, I seen them go for around $400 to $450. Call AJ Coleman, see what price they give as well.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Thanks guys that was the info I was looking for.
        It always helps to go to those that know!

Comment

IF you even thinking of working with any drain that has roots you will want some thing more than than the K400,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I had a K-400 and it is a neat little machine for secondary drains....but after having the K-50 its the better route to go for versatility.....
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
              IF you even thinking of working with any drain that has roots you will want some thing more than than the K400,
              Not for roots just sink drains and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy plumber View Post
                Well like I said you can find it cheaper. I rather spend a few bucks more and get the K-3800
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Im very new at drain cleaning but my k 45 has done everything iv set out to do with it the auto feed is nice, but if you wanted to save a few bucks you could easily do the job without it. Iv uused mine on a bathtub with 100 year old galvanized "took some work but it worked" used it at hospital on staff kitchen sink copper inch and half full of gunk. And a utiliity tub for house cleaners at the local hotel, and a dual connected his and hers lavatory. So far it works great, i dont know what it costs where you live prices here seem quite a lot more then in the states mine was five hundred with auto feed and two cables two drums and the toolbox and tool kit. Hope this helped cincy plumber

Comment

Originally posted by cincy plumber View Post

Ridgid K-45, Ridgid K-3800, Spartan 300, Eel CT.

I like the K-45AF because it can do overheads and fits in tight spots. A smaller drum machine is also preferred for some lines.
                    Last edited by AssTyme; 08-11-2011, 11:16 AM.

Comment

K400 is a okay machine not very much power to it though, you can find them online for about 350 on craigslist, home depot carries them also. I would spend a little more and get something with a little more power to it....I use a K400 sometimes for kitchen sinks though

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                        Well like I said you can find it cheaper. I rather spend a few bucks more and get the K-3800
                        Yes that will be the one,but the good thing is that it won`t be me using it.
                        Do not like getting dirty any more.LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X