Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/8 cable stuck in toilete-Please Help.Urgent

Hello Again,

Today sunday in an Restuarant 2º Flor, the tolett was blocked. 4" pipe.

We could not unblock it with the jetter so we take the 7/8 cable ( sectional ) with our Rothenberger R650 like Ridgis k 60 more less.

We put the first section completly in and now could not get it out.

I ownly can access from the down restaurant from the false roof.

Have somebody some ideas .Did somebody have in his Live working as an ublocker similar problems, aAm I the first that happens soemthing like this.

The biggest problem in spain is that the 4" drans they put a log of 90º angles in very short distances.

I am using the rifht cable or shoud I use the 5/8 cable ?

I am very down at the moment and do not know really how to get it out tomorrow.

I think I have to make a hole into the false roof of the downstairs restaurant.

Please help.

Thomas

Re: 7/8 cable stuck in toilete-Please Help.Urgent

Break the toilet. Go through a toilet as a last resort.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

You ran the cable through the toilet or you first pulled the toilet ? I would never run a cable through a toilet to clear a main line blockage.

Comment

you didn't actually run the 7/8'' cable through the china toilet did you

i've run 5/8'' through a toilet with a section of hose to protect the exposed toilet. but it was to grab wipes downstream and drain the stoppage.

the 7/8'' should easily navigate a 4'' line and make the turns.

does the cable spin freely with the machine running?

normally running in a forward rotation, the cable will unthread from the drain, while reverse, it feeds in.

you sure you don't want me to pack the bags for a week of drain cleaning 101

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Hello again,

Of course, we first take off the toilet!.

The cable do not spin, we tried it forward and back and it do not spin.

In spain the angles inside are not done very well, it still have inside like a little bit of plastic teeth of the fabrication.

Comment

I probly should kust keep out of this, but is the clutch adjsuted corectly? and the Jaws?
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Sounds like you used too big of a head.Try pouring some type of lube down the drain like dishwashing liquid and have someone run the machine while you pull your as* off..Or find someone with a 1500 with the 7/8 " jaws .a bit more power might do it ..Other than that I don't know..Let us know what happens or doesn't happen
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

first section is only 15'. what size cutter head? do you find that the fittings are a big problem or is it the pipe.

as mentioned, soap and a larger machine should be able to spin it out. but with only 15' or less of cable, it sounds like your cable could have flipped or the cutter caught in a joint.

you're sure it's not a back to back toilet and you went through to the other toilet?

eventually you'll learn your limits with your equipment. but 15' sounds like a different issue than just a stoppage.

good luck, take photos and keep us posted. it will be interesting to see what you find.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Hello Again,

So we have taken it out.

At first we started with the machin, one operating the machine the other pulling and pushing.

It seams that it do not work, so we stopped.

We go to the down staris restaurant, we dick only 1 Toil or Tail I do not the name for the ceramic on the floor and see only a tidy register trap. We put their the camara and see our cable.

It stoped on one 90º angle and it was their a big plastic back on the cable.

The Restaurant downstairs needed to open, so we decided to continue tomorrow, open the false roof and cut the pipe.

But my father told: Let us try again ( 5 Persons).so we pull 5 together and get it out.

I am very happy.

At home in the base, we make our own learning circuit and put 4 angles of 90º but with deistance between tham.

No way to get it out, only with 2-3-4 persons.

The problem is in the 90º angles that inside they are very bad done. the cable in all of them when you want to return stop.

To ecplain it better, it stop on the cable rings, between ring and ring on the cable at the bench it stops.

I have spoken to somebody who knows this situation in spain and recomend me the 5/8 cable the strong one.

When we have a lot of angles or benches in the 4" pipe it is very dificult to take out the cable 7/8.

It has happend a lot of times, but we get it out, the more dificult was yesterday.

Thank you.

P.s: Nick, What I need to pay you to come to Spain ? Only Flight, Hotel and Eat ?
                  Last edited by spanien; 08-08-2011, 02:37 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Originally posted by spanien View Post

Thank you.

P.s: Nick, What I need to pay you to come to Spain ? Only Flight, Hotel and Eat ?
                    nick

it's rick

air fare and i can stay with you. no need for a hotel. flight is probably around $1500. roundtrip.

food is cheap. a week of my time is $$$. but well worth it

of course you could always come here and ride shotgun. did a day of root jetting at 3 jobs today.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

@Rick,

Sorry for Nick.

What you think about the 5/8 cable ( the strong one in the 4" line ?

Comment

the c-7 is the tight wind 5/8'' x 7.5'

the c-9 is the heavy duty 5/8'' x 10'

the tight wind is more like a drum cable.

i've always had good luck with 7/8'' cable in 3- 4'' lines. 5/8'' i usually use on 1.5''-2''. but the cable is rated for 4''.

i would really need to see what 90's are the issue. could it be the open wind cable is catching on the bend of the fittings.

have you tried innercore cable. the c-10ic is the 7/8'' innercore by ridgid.

what are other local companies using?

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

In the same situation I would worry about the 5/8 cable flipping and twisting. May be better off with a jetter
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah. I'm glad I don't do drain cleaning in that neck of the woods..When he was trying to explain it almost sounded like he went through a back water valve flapper ..
                            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hello together,

It is soemthing like Rick is telling.

In the 90`s the cable exactly stuck in the corners of the 90º.

The open wind, is catching this corner.and the plastic of the 90º goes between one ring of the open wind ant the other.

Somebody have told me that the innercore of the 7/8 do not help.

The competition of the most companies in my area only use jetting machine, they do not have any cable machines.

Their is one company that only works with cable machines, but they have everything,

k-50, K-60 , K-1500 al types of cable,etc, so I really do not know what they use in 4" line.

Comment

Working...
                              X