X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard blockage, no roots

Used the maxi rooter with 3/4" line. Hit hard blockage at 30 ft. cleared ,but no roots retrieved. 60 year old terra cotta. Do you guess a joint has settled? I do very little of this. No camera,and can't justify buying one.Thank You
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Hard blockage, no roots

I would have made a few passes through the bad spot , and I would make a note of how far it was and if it stops up in the same place again , i would dig it up and repair

Comment

Check with your local tool rentals lots of them are renting sewer camera's these days.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

yeah, If you hit the hard spot at the same distance every time, I'd sell a dig.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I went all the way to the street and back twice. She had an outside clean out installed a few Years ago. standpipe was full. I used My marine hand bildge pump before I cabled. God thing Double sweep, not Rick's texas twins. I will go back and write on the concrete cover double sweep. No body needs to destroy a customers toilet, Life's tough enough!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Lol, I've done that tool. Blew right through the toilet trap with a spade cutter. good times.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

It was probebly roots. you may have cut them loose and they washed away or you may have moved them out of the way but they are still there. It happens all the time not to worry unless you get a call back.

Comment

document your findings and wait until they call you again.

lots of root stoppages don't bring back roots when you have a line full of water.

sectional tends to trap some roots in the cable and cutter.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X