My new little jetter nearly complete, and a safety reminder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new little jetter nearly complete, and a safety reminder

Building a new little jetter. 5.5gpm @4kpsi. For me this is a big jetter.

Design is all about making it as small a package as possible.

Components for this came in well under $2500.

engine ~1200
    pump ~500
    unloader ~100
    muffler, high altitude carb jets ~70
    reel and mounting bracket ~300
    steel ~35
    a few more $ in a battery and misc fittings

thought you all might be interested

This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: My new little jetter nearly complete, and a safety reminder

Glad your ok. Looks like some good engineering there. I really like efficient designs.

Now quit smoking.

J.C.

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous

Comment

Very cool!! thanks for sharing the video!

How many HP is the engine?

Is this going to live in your truck or van? or are you going to mount casters on it?

-Chris

Comment

looks good alex.

the gas tank will be an external quick disconnect boat tank?

are your welds still smoking or it that you

why don't you like a gearbox, or belt drive?

is the exhaust getting piped out of the van or is it what keeps you warm in the winter

lets see it up and running

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

It's for a van. Pulling and parking a trailer is not practical for me. At 5.5 I won't need a tank. That is kind of the driving concept behind the whole design; keep it small and tank-free so it fits in the van and leaves room for all the rest of the stuff.

It will set in the rear of the van, on the left side at the back door. No casters; the only time it will ever leave the van is to get worked on. I'll probably bolt it in. I considered not even doing a frame and just bolting it to the full floor toolbox in the van, but it is tippy w/o a frame, it's only an inch of height, and it sets nice to work on with the frame.

The exhaust will blow out the back of the van; the doors will be open any time it is running. Blows right at the operator at gut level; not so good for backfires but makes a nice hand warmer in winter. Fuel will be in a separate 5 gal jug tucked in the well behind the left rear wheel where I can get a pump to it w/o taking it out of the van.

It is a 23hp engine, which it would not need more than 18, except that at 9600' altitude normally aspirated engines all wheeze just like people, so that 23 will only make about 19. It's a Briggs. I'd have preferred a Honda, but those have 1 1/8" shafts and the pump takes a 1". Briggs is the only one I found in 23hp with a 1" shaft.

Pump guys don't like direct drive. You run the pump at higher rpm and they say they don't last as long. I say so what? It's a $500 pump. The gearbox or belt drive costs at least half that, and takes up space forever. I bought an extra pump and put it on the shelf. If the pump dies I'll be up and running and back at work in 2 hrs.

Yeah, I'm smoking again; just can't stay quit.
            Last edited by Ace Sewer; 08-16-2011, 01:02 AM.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
            X