Installing a new clutch in a K60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a new clutch in a K60

I decided to put in a new clutch in my K60 yesterday and all went well but I have a question just to make sure I didnt make a mistake...Does the Triangular clutch just kinda float between the housing and the black clip in plastic retainer ?...After install the clutch made a little noise as if it was spinning when I pushed the handle down both in forward and reverse....I did insert 7/8" cable and found that it did turn the cable no problem...Any thoughs appriciated...Respectfully, Tom

Re: Installing a new clutch in a K60

Sorry can't help you out on the clutch but didn't you just buy this thing a few months ago ???

Comment

It does in fact float in the housing....to realign just loosen the back clutch nut and slid in a piece of 3/4" copper and re tighten until the pipe is straight and snug...then BAM...your done...
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Check out these threads. http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t38334/; http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t37764-8/
        It isn't about your specific issue, but it talks about using a 3/4" piece of copper tube as a guide to align the clutch jaws as you assemble it.
        If the jaws are not aligned quite right, the big triangle spring can drag on the inside of the housing. It is misaligned too much, it will not transmit enough torque to spin the cable under load.
        The clutch jaw does just float inside, and it shouldn't make any noise when spinning.

Comment

I did just purchase the K60 used off of Ebay back in March...I got it for a steal from a larger tool liquidator...I was looking at the old clutch last week and I saw groves and such in it so I thought since its slow I would put a new one in...But the K60 has performed very well for me...I just didnt want the clutch to go out in the middle of a job....

Comment

Armed with the new information I got from you guys here on the forum I took the K60 apart to find that the black plastic retainer had slipped from the grooves in the housing and was loose...I then realigned the retainer into the grooves on the housing and gave it a twist to tighten it in....The clutch then looked as though it had squared up nicely... I then did the 3/4" copper tube tip which worked well... Thanks to the forum I am up and running..I have a main sewer scheduled for 9 AM tomarrow after which I'll let you know how it worked out...Thanks Tom

Comment

I was having troubles with mine. Then Rick told me about the 3/4 copper 2 foot long special clutch adjuster problem solved
              Rod
              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
              http://unclognh.com
              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

When to a blocked main sewer call the morning...60' run... roots @ 35'.....K60 performed flawlessly... I love my K60...Tom

Comment

I went to a blocked main sewer call this morning and took the K60.....60' run.....roots at 35'...The K60 performed flawlessly... I couldnt be happier... Tom at Magic Touch

Comment

Good deal..everyone with a 60 should carry a 3/4" clutch jaw alignment tool with them
                    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X