Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter Question

Anyone familiar with the following machine:

Mustang Water Jettes - Model 2200

Have a chance to pick up an older, well maintained machine for a reasonable price. This will be for commercial retail establishments 4" and below most of the time. Also what is the best all around nozzle you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Jetter Question

i don't believe they are in business anymore. they were 1 of the first companies to make jetters for the plumbing/ drain cleaning industry.

but the specs are way off. 2200psi at 5 gpm might squirt a 12'' pipe, but in no way will clean a 12'' pipe.

5 gpm is fine for 4'' pipe, but the 2200 psi is low an will be lower as the hose length increases.

better really take a good look at it before you commit.

i myself would pass and go for higher pressure, even if you drop to 4 gpm.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

2200psi is what conserns me.....dont think you can cut roots with that

Comment

I agree with pressure concerns. I do not run into roots and this would be mainly for commercial places where the pipe has bellies and sludge and grease have formed. I can get this machine for $450. Do you guys think this would suffice for sludge and grease? What head would be a good all around nozzle?

Comment

sludge is no problem. baked on grease is more difficult with less pressure. roots require pressure for cutting and flow for speed.

450 is pretty cheap if the pump is in good shape.

remember that you might not have any customer support if they are no longer around.

i would hold out for something more up to speed for your needs. even if the price is higher.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I do not want to open a new thread so I have a question to the pressure,etc.

My jetter has 8 gpm and 3000 Psi and arround 200 food of 3/8 hose.

Did it mean that I do not have 3000 psi at the nozzle ?

How much I am loosing or how much i have really at the nozzle more or less?

I can also connect a 1/4 hose to the 3/8 hose, for smaller pipes, did this reduction loose pressure at the nozzle too ?

Thank you guys

Comment

at 8 gpm you're losing exactly 2 psi per foot. so that gives you 2600psi at the nozzle. depending on your nozzle, you need to figure it's flow at the reduced pressure.

1/4'' hose is rated for a maximum of 4 gallons per minute and will lose 4.75# per foot at that flow.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X