X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-60 retires the k-75

i noticed that the k-75 has been put on the retired / discontinued list of drain machines.

looks like the k-75 was not that popular since it's younger brother the k-60 came of age.

but if you do own a k-75 and want to beef it up, swap out the jaws to 1.25'' and beef up the motor to the 3/4hp and you have a 1500 hiding behind a 75 decal.

so all is not lost.

who's next as the k-60 is all grown up now and taking on all that gets in its way

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: k-60 retires the k-75

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    i noticed that the k-75 has been put on the retired / discontinued list of drain machines.

looks like the k-75 was not that popular since it's younger brother the k-60 came of age.

but if you do own a k-75 and want to beef it up, swap out the jaws to 1.25'' and beef up the motor to the 3/4hp and you have a 1500 hiding behind a 75 decal.

so all is not lost.

who's next as the k-60 is all grown up now and taking on all that gets in its way

rick.

Hey Rick, you been hittin' that Kool-Aid again

Last edited by AssTyme; 08-23-2011, 01:22 PM.

Comment

You mean they were having so much trouble selling a sectional machine they had to discontinue it? Wonder why??....

J.C.

Comment

Well the k75 was designed to run 7/8" cables and that's it..Now on the other hand the k1500 can run 7/8" and 1 1/4" cables ..So why would you limit yourself ..Sorry but the 60 still aint' retiring my 1500 and vice versa ..If that makes sense..They both have their place in time
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Effing HATE sectionals.
          Nothing like having to use my legs and my back to pull 100ish feet of k1500 cable out of the line.
          Oh and they are just so neat and tidy inside a house.

Seen my k-60 cable stop on 3 different sewers this week. All that power, all that sectional sexyness, and it still can't clean out a broken down sewer line. Just takes me about 10 more minutes to figure it out with a k-60 than it would with a drum machine.

And yay for having to carry 4-5 different baskets of cable on the truck. that don't stack worth a ****.
          And yay for the cables threading themselves together randomly inside the basket. Or the yard. Or the pins sticking. Or that they are just too much of a hassle when drum machines clean sewers just fine. And faster. And retract. And have wheels. And are sexy.

Sure blah blah a large drum machine weighs a TON! But a 1500 aint exactly light either. Plus having to have 5 baskets of cable.

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
            Effing HATE sectionals.
            Nothing like having to use my legs and my back to pull 100ish feet of k1500 cable out of the line.

Seen my k-60 cable stop on 3 different sewers this week. All that power, all that sectional sexyness, and it still can't clean out a broken down sewer line. Just takes me about 10 more minutes to figure it out with a k-60 than it would with a drum machine.

And yay for having to carry 4-5 different baskets of cable on the truck. that don't stack worth a ****.
            And yay for the cables threading themselves together randomly inside the basket. Or the yard. Or the pins sticking. Or that they are just too much of a hassle when drum machines clean sewers just fine. And faster. And retract. And have wheels. And are sexy.

Sure blah blah a large drum machine weighs a TON! But a 1500 aint exactly light either. Plus having to have 5 baskets of cable.

If you dislike them so much why are you still using them ?

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
              Effing HATE sectionals.

please don't start this drum vs sectional crap again. i beg you, i plead with you, i implore you. the horse is dead. do not pass go (but collect $200 if you can)

back on the original topic of the thread: The 75 was silly. too bulky just to run 7/8" cables.
              I would like a beefed up K-60 that can run both 1.25" and 7/8" cables with big beefy motor and small compact footprint........like an R750 (wink wink, nudge nudge).....maybe call it the K75 v2.0. This machine replaces both the 1500 and the K60 on my truck. The 60 only comes out now when I have to go up on a roof.
              Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 08-24-2011, 02:20 AM.

Comment

I agree with swade! something comparable to the R750 would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                  I agree with swade! something comparable to the R750 would be awesome

How much does the R750 weigh ?

Comment

Gewicht: 33,5 kg

= 73 lbs.

Pretty easy lift in and out of the truck for me. I really like that machine. It's an absolute beast

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                      Gewicht: 33,5 kg

= 73 lbs.

Pretty easy lift in and out of the truck for me. I really like that machine. It's an absolute beast

How easy does this thing roll on it's 2 small wheels ? Up & down stairs ? Looks a little awkward ???

Comment

It rolls fine. No problems at all. I pick it up and carry it down stairs. The handle locks in the down position, so it's just like picking up a really heavy carry-on luggage bag. It's an easy carry up or down a flight of stairs. I have also put it on my 2-wheeler if I'm using it for the cable cages.

1.25 hp. ballsy. the handle function is parallel to the cable which I like better than the 1500 which is perpendicular. Also do not need to change clutch jaws to run 7/8" cable.

Comment

Working...
                        X