X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Root ranger review #2

So I've had the ranger now for a few months and wanted to give it another review. I pulled to 90'(1st 50' were ABS, rest was clay) with 1 1/4 bend and 2 1/8 bends, no issues. Getting to 135' took some quick stepping on the pedal but I got there. I've figured to let the ranger go and and twist coming back. When the ranger doesn't want to twist, I let it go in until it can twist and pull while twisting the whole time. From what I saw today, a foward jet isn't always required. The pull is so great it pushes right through the stoppages. I've done 8 jobs since getting the ranger and all were under 60' but this one was at 135 and it took 3 hours, start to finish and that includes location and mapping of the sewer line. Definently happy with the ranger and would buy another one.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Root ranger review #2

ben, you still don't trust me

i know your specs on your jetter/ pressure washer. but fill the others in so they get an idea of the power.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Oh great will this be the great debate at the party tomorrow? Here I thought it was all going to be about helicopters.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

3.5 gpm 3500 psi
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The root ranger is great, ive had 1 from the start, super powerful and cuts great.

Comment

Will it work on my KJ-2200

Comment

I have had one since they first came out. It works great with my J-3000 which is 3000 PSI by 4 GPM.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Any truth to thought that they can come unthreaded? Instructions don't mention it.

Or is everyone now running quick couplers on their RR?

I am running a KJ-3000 with the RR.

Comment

if it's screwed on with a crecent wrench, it can't come unscrewd.

i purposely don't use quick couplers on anything that ends up in the line. on my hoses and jumpers, all the time. just not in the line.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Hello,

I have seen in youtube a video where the Rootranger cut an piece of wood.

So if it get stucked in a Bench in a PVC drainpipe, is it posible that it make a hole in the pipe ?

Comment

WE only use quick couplings here in AUST.......

NO screwing for us.

Never lost a fitting yet

Comment

The nozzle will only cut through fibrous materials like roots and wood. Shiny surfaces repel the cutting action of the jet stream.
                        But... if you are in a PVC pipe full of sand and the nozzle is left in one position for 4-5min it can sandblast a hole through the side of the pipe. Answer, keep it moving!

Originally posted by spanien View Post
                        Hello,

I have seen in youtube a video where the Rootranger cut an piece of wood.

So if it get stucked in a Bench in a PVC drainpipe, is it posible that it make a hole in the pipe ?
                        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
                          Will it work on my KJ-2200
                          I doubt you'd get very good performance with the Root Ranger on the KJ-2200. The operating pressure and flow are too small. The nozzle opening is not sized right for it.

Comment

Super bored today so I set up some clear pvc pipe to observe the ranger in 3" pipe. The pressure cause the hose to bend and allows the nozzle to hit the sidewalls. Only 2 places actually touch the pipe; the tip of the nozzle and the opposite side of the front nose. It blows an area about 1/8 of the pipe surface. Even though the spray coverage is 25 deg, the coverage comes down as as a straight path down the pipe. I placed some tree roots near the end of the pipe and pulled back the ranger. At about 10" the nozzle from the roots, the nozzle starts cutting. 3" from the nozzle is where the spray starts to hit the surface, obviously it seemed to be the most powerful at this point. Since the spray follows the pipe surface, it sheared the roots at the surface of the pipe, the rest of the roots just flopped in the spray.

Also interesting is when the nozzle is pointed down, water collects in the pipe. As soon as you turn the nozzle up, the water drains quick, not sure why.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              Super bored today so I set up some clear pvc pipe to observe the ranger in 3" pipe. The pressure cause the hose to bend and allows the nozzle to hit the sidewalls. Only 2 places actually touch the pipe; the tip of the nozzle and the opposite side of the front nose. It blows an area about 1/8 of the pipe surface. Even though the spray coverage is 25 deg, the coverage comes down as as a straight path down the pipe. I placed some tree roots near the end of the pipe and pulled back the ranger. At about 10" the nozzle from the roots, the nozzle starts cutting. 3" from the nozzle is where the spray starts to hit the surface, obviously it seemed to be the most powerful at this point. Since the spray follows the pipe surface, it sheared the roots at the surface of the pipe, the rest of the roots just flopped in the spray.

Also interesting is when the nozzle is pointed down, water collects in the pipe. As soon as you turn the nozzle up, the water drains quick, not sure why.
                              Thanks Ben,very descriptive.

Comment

Working...
                              X